Should Barca keep Tito?

Should Barca keep Tito?

• No

Votes: 59 49.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters

Mesu

People, its the Barca system that made us successful. Otherwise Argentina aslo had Messi all the time!!

R

rivaldo10

the so called Barca system is now just pass the ball to messi and wait for him to score

Mesu

I just want something I'm know I'm not going to get... an explanation...
*After being 2 goals down and not creating a single chance why didn't he even attempt a change/sub until the 83rd minute?
*Messi clearly wasn't fully fit, after 60 minutes why continue to let him struggle on the pitch?
*Why is he so stuck on 1 lineup (starting 11) when some clearly shouldn't be played much less given the full 90?
*Why go for Song when we have Mascherano and clearly should have got (for half the price) Vertonghen?

There's 1 major difference in the previous 4 years and now and that's the lack of Pep. This season is proof that he was the mastermind behind our style of play and progression of the youth. Yes we will win the league but let's be honest with ourselves... it's because Messi bailed us out all season. They'd score 2, Messi would score 3.
I wish Tito good health and recovery. Some things are more important than football and what he and his family have gone through is anything but easy. Whenever he was around and on the touchline though, I just don't feel he made any real decisions. While Pep wanted to make changes for the following season, Tito just continued the same things from last year and Messi bailed him out except for the few times he was shut down. When that happened the true state of our club was shown.

*After being 2 goals down and not creating a single chance why didn't he even attempt a change/sub until the 83rd minute?

After being 2 goals down it became even more important not to concede any more so he might be thinking that Alexis & Pedro are better at pressing & defending than Villa so he didn't take the gamble of bringing Villa( who has been in poor form recently) as he don't do much off the ball anymore after returning from injury. Xavi , Iniesta & Busquets are the players in the squad who can keep the ball better than any other midfielder. And we don't had any choices in defence for substitutions.

*Messi clearly wasn't fully fit, after 60 minutes why continue to let him struggle on the pitch?

Because there isn't anyone neither in the squad & not in the world who can play like him at his position 'false 9'. We have seen from the match vs PSG that even half fit Messi can make the difference in 30 minutes that fully fit Fabregas can't make in 60 minutes.

*Why go for Song when we have Mascherano and clearly should have got (for half the price) Vertonghen?

Signing Song was a POOR decision but this has become a habit for Barca, before Tito we have been screwing up ourselves with stupid actions in the transfer market for a long time now.

Kerrybai

Let's consider this for a moment. Most Barca fans would probably agree that Madrid firing Pellegrini after finishing with 96 points in the league was ridiculous.

Yet some of these same fans would fire Tito for winning the league with around 4 rounds remaining and getting us to a Champions league Semi final.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Vilanova: "I feel very good after the treatment. I didn't give press conference earlier because there were still some side effects, voice..

Vilanova: "I feel better every day. I feel strong enough and I'm very motivated to continue next season, if my health allows it.

Vilanova: "I never thought about quitting. After two days at home, I'm bored. Being a coach is not a an effort.

Last edited:
R

rivaldo10

we played a horrible cl this season

we played a horrible in the group stage

we played horrible away against milan

we played horrible against psg away and home but only won because of messi

and look what happend at bayern

cappello won 2 times the league with real madrid and still had to go

Irish_Cules

we played a horrible cl this season

we played a horrible in the group stage

we played horrible away against milan

we played horrible against psg away and home but only won because of messi

and look what happend at bayern

cappello won 2 times the league with real madrid and still had to go

So you want us to behave more like Real Madrid?

Let's consider this for a moment. Most Barca fans would probably agree that Madrid firing Pellegrini after finishing with 96 points in the league was ridiculous.

Yet some of these same fans would fire Tito for winning the league with around 4 rounds remaining and getting us to a Champions league Semi final.

Exactly. Well put.

If the club fired Tito it would be a very sad day. Even if he isn't the best choice and there are better managers out there, firing him after a season of winning the league and getting to the semi finals of the Champions League would be an absolute disgrace. It would be a decision that would instantly bring instability to the club. What if we got another manager who had a worse season than Tito next year? Would we fire him?

I think it's our performance in big games that makes so many people (including myself, to an extent) pissed. Aside from the 2nd leg against Milan (props to Tito for that one though, the tactics were spot-on), we've been shit tactically and motivationally (both of which are the coach's job) in big games, i.e. the cup game against Madrid, 1st leg against Milan, and especially Tuesday's game. I'll let PSG slide, since Messi was out for most of the tie.

I'd say the game against Bayern sums up my points perfectly. We were shit tactically (motivationally, too). Why the fuck did Tito start Sanchez over Villa (ok, I can think of a few reasons, but whatever it was, it clearly didn't work)? Why the fuck did he not make any changes at half-time? The only change he made was putting on Villa for Pedro when we were already 4-0 down. Otherwise, he just stood there and did fuck all besides watching us get hammered. No changes, nothing. And that's not the only time that has happened this season. Another tactical fuck-up (which has happened in many games this season, especially big ones) was the lack of pressing.

He's made other mistakes this season too, such as:

-Overplaying Puyol
-Overplaying Xavi
-Overplaying Messi (he shouldn't have played the full 90 against Celta after the game in Bolivia)
-Lack of pressing (as I already mentioned)

His condition could certainly have had an impact though, so I may be judging him too harshly. Still, I think getting a new coach would be the best solution (for all parties).

Last edited:

jairzinho

And as if Bayern needed any little helpful nudges forward, it was utterly bizarre, under any circumstances, that Tito Vilanova took 82 minutes (and the evidence of four goals conceded) to make any changes of note -- either tactically or in terms of substitutions.

- Graham Hunter

oz187

I think it's our performance in big games that makes so many people (including myself, to an extent) pissed...
...Still, I think getting a new coach would be the best solution (for all parties).

That is the EXACT same reason why RM got rid of Manuel Pellegrini. Do you think that was a good decision?

R

rivaldo10

we need to get a new manager because we cant play like this anymore

whats the point having more possession but still losing 4 0

tito would never try something new out and he only won the league because real messed it up

we give him to much credit for the la liga title

F

Flavia

tito would never try something new out and he only won the league because real messed it up

This bs of we winning la liga because real messed up is not real. Barça won 18 games in a row, won a lot of away games that were lost the season before. The liga is won by merit of this team. The team had a real bad patch after Tito went to ny, but this is no reason to diss him and the players.

spark

Please. We won 55 of 57 points and only dropped two because we had to play macherano and adriano in a clasico when both Pique and Puyol were injured at the same time. There is no way they could have surpassed our start. But for a few weeks when we had no coach we would have easily smashed their 100 point record and could still yet surpass it.

R

rivaldo10

This bs of we winning la liga because real messed up is not real. Barça won 18 games in a row, won a lot of away games that were lost the season before. The liga is won by merit of this team. The team had a real bad patch after Tito went to ny, but this is no reason to diss him and the players.

i dont diss the players but the last year real madrid would be on top of the league

Home of Barca Fans