Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

Stric

I ain't even mad. This couldn't have happened at a better time. The team needs a proper kick in the ass early in the season if they have any intention of winning anything.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hope this is our Anoeta early in the season this time. Well, a man can hope, right?

F

Flavia

Yeah.. so I was right. Lucho doesn't learn. YOU DON'T PLAY YOUR F*CKIN SUBS FOR AN AWAY GAME IN THE F*CKIN BASQUE COUNTRY.

And if he played tired players like rakitic and iniesta, and they got injured and missed the start of la liga, would that be better?
There wasn't much he could do. The schedule is terrible, and they had to play 120min vs sevilla.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I have no words, I just hope all the people who claimed lucho was equal or superior to pep realize how silly they are

Last edited:

mazp

Meh, I would rather play the same lineup at the Camp Nou. Rest the starters and get ready for the first game of Liga

SKS-

Won't really blame the lineup... Not closing out Sevilla really hurt us.

If anything, this game showed Barca have some serious depth issues.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And if he played tired players like rakitic and iniesta, and they got injured and missed the start of la liga, would that be better?
There wasn't much he could do. The schedule is terrible, and they had to play 120min vs sevilla.

But still, fielding that starting XI was asking for trouble. Luis Enrique probably thought we could tie 1-1 or lose 1:0, but not 4:0. He got shot in the foot.

Egert

Estonian Culé
That was painful... 5% of a chance of coming back from this crap. Only 5 trophies, no sextuple :cry:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

he should have at least played Busi. You don't sub your whole midfield as well as your defense and hope that the attack will pull u through

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So presemptuous of Lucho to line up so many bench players, but whatever.. this was fun hein :)

ceefoo

We can certainly turn this result around in the return leg.

I'm not sure how motivated the players will be to do it though, considering it is the SSC.

raskolnikov

I care least about this trophy allthough its a waste. Its logical though if you look at it: ET in georgia few days ago, copa america hangover, lack of fitness, injured key players, weak bench and to be fair a fully motivated strong bilbao side at home.

I hope Lucho rests key players for the return and focus on la liga start. We need to do well untill january and be smart about the rotations.
This is the best game if we were going to suffer a beating, better now than in la liga and best at the start of the season.

Home of Barca Fans