Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

utility73

This was an outrage from start to end.
What was Lucho thinking with this amateur lineup?

Now let's see what lineup Lucho will bring for the second leg. Anything other than resting most of our starters again would be beyond stupid.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We might've had a chance to turn it around with MSN, but yeah, it's not going to happen without Neygoat.

puyolman

all avoidable goals, ter stegen again trying to oversweep it, 2nd goal their striker is seriously leaning on mascherano, stupid unnecessary penalty and for the last goal I don't even know how adriano managed to let them have the ball there. All that on top of the horrible mistakes of last game which tired us by having 120 minutes :s:s

silvia

i think their passplay and positioning was not barca level. midfielders couldn't go further without messi. and trapped in risky area.

BarcaGirl

Congrats Athletic on winning the supercopa!

At least this means no sextuple for Lucho. People can finally stop comparing him to Pep.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

But still, fielding that starting XI was asking for trouble. Luis Enrique probably thought we could tie 1-1 or lose 1:0, but not 4:0. He got shot in the foot.

he should have at least played Busi. You don't sub your whole midfield as well as your defense and hope that the attack will pull u through

Yeah but with that logic we shouldn't play them on Monday either. He has a point that away at San mames is not the place to rest so many players.. Monday at the camp nou would be the place to do it after we had a good first leg advantage.

So I guess all of you would prefer to lose at san mames, but for the 1st match of la liga, instead of supercopa?

Seriously. Enrique surely knows better than us his squad is thin. But there's a ban, and nothing to do about it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1. Tough preseason/lots of travelling
2. 120 mins vs. Sevilla/only few days of rest
3. Traditionally tough opponent at tough ground

I could name few more reasons like missing players but Bilbao missed more.

We were unlucky with that Stegen's mistake and everything went wrong from there. I won't even blame lots of rotations as those were needed after European Supercup and we did concede more once Iniesta and Rakitic came in anyway.

And btw. Rafinha is shit. Roberto with his low plateu almost always shows more.

hardyboy

told you guys..Its not even surprising for me. Players like Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Vermalean doesn't deserve to play even in mid table epl teams and they are starting a cup game for the best club in the world, Its not even funny lol. When i saw the team sheet i straightaway knew it we'l lose tonight..

serghei

Starting La Liga with a win is the most important. That's all that matters. However, Lucho needs to get something in his head. There is absolutely no way a team like the one he put on tonight should ever start a La Liga game. Never. They could be subbed in once the score is 4-0 or something similar. So, resting our key players should be done only when the win is secured. Only then.

In a way, I'm glad this happened tonight, before the season starts.

ebc_99

The score is not really a big deal, I think we could still win the cup anyway. But the performance from the likes of Bartra and Roberto is worrying, they are not good enough and should both leave unless there is huge improvement from them. Vermaelen is still rusty which is understandable, Adriano is another who should move on.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
So I guess all of you would prefer to lose at san mames, but for the 1st match of la liga, instead of supercopa?

Seriously. Enrique surely knows better than us his squad is thin. But there's a ban, and nothing to do about it.

Well he could have just played the Barca B midfield that have at least some chemistry playing together. Couldn't have been much worse

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We got exposed just like in the Sevilla game:

(1) Midfield is really underwelming
(2) Zero depth, our season might be over if we have key players out
(3) overly relying on MSN, if they are nullified we are nothing

A very tough season ahead indeed.

Home of Barca Fans