Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

DennyCrane

Excellent display from Bilbao. Very well organized, disciplined and intense performance; even with a handful of key players missing. As for Barca, there's not much to say really, other than the obvious.

Icarium

Lifestealer
That was funny. Lets forget about this now and concentrate on La liga. Our depth is real shite i am telling you.

mazp

The score is not really a big deal, I think we could still win the cup anyway. But the performance from the likes of Bartra and Roberto is worrying, they are not good enough and should both leave unless there is huge improvement from them. Vermaelen is still rusty which is understandable, Adriano is another who should move on.

Barca have a transfer ban, they could buy 10 new players tomorrow and Lucho would still have to play with these same players. Not his fault.

Stric

This. The blame is not on Lucho.
Well, maybe it is if he's the one who wants to keep players like Adriano and Sergi Roberto at the club. They are just not good enough. But as I said before the game I'd rather lose this than have Iniesta and Rakitic and Busquets injured.

What exactly would we have gained by letting them go? We have a transfer ban. No one else would be available for the Supercup.

Galning

1. Tough preseason/lots of travelling
2. 120 mins vs. Sevilla/only few days of rest
3. Traditionally tough opponent at tough ground

I could name few more reasons like missing players but Bilbao missed more.

We were unlucky with that Stegen's mistake and everything went wrong from there. I won't even blame lots of rotations as those were needed after European Supercup and we did concede more once Iniesta and Rakitic came in anyway.

And btw. Rafinha is shit. Roberto with his low plateu almost always shows more.

Word of words.

SKS-

Yes, Barcelona only started with 5/11 of the typical 11, but thats besides the point.

The squad depth is troubling.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So I guess all of you would prefer to lose at san mames, but for the 1st match of la liga, instead of supercopa?

Seriously. Enrique surely knows better than us his squad is thin. But there's a ban, and nothing to do about it.

There is still ample time between Monday and the first round of La Liga on August 23rd.

I don't know what he will do on August 23rd. If we lose again, it will be a crisis.

Alik

Lucho took a gamble and didn't pay off. I don't blame him though.

If he had started a full squad, there might have been injuries. Considering the fact that we already have Alba and Neymar out, just imagine starting La Liga with additional injuries.

Even if no one did get injured, there would still be no guarantee that we would win. We have just played 120 mins less than 3 days ago, and the team is clearly unfit. Lucho clearly wanted to ride out the storm and have a rested squad for the return leg.

Anyways, people need to calm down. It would have been really nice to win the sextuple, but losing it is not the end of the world. Bilbao and Barca fans care about winning the Super Cup, but the majority of the world isn't even watching. With regards to the score line, it sucks, but it's not like when we lost to Bayern.

I hope Lucho rests key players for the return and focus on la liga start. We need to do well untill january and be smart about the rotations.
This is the best game if we were going to suffer a beating, better now than in la liga and best at the start of the season.

Agreed. We just better win at the Camp Nou. Losing tonight my have positive side effects. Losing again at the Camp Nou will just be bad for morale.

ceefoo

Nah fck that, best to rest Messi and Mascherano and everyone else. Just kill the game early and aim for a 0-0 game. It would be a big waste of energy to play key players, we are not turning around a 4-0 loss.
It all depends on what team starts. I'm not suggesting we should go at it 100% and risk injuries etc, but our first XI (or close to) is so good, that if they click on the night, we are more than capable of winning the match at a canter, without expending maximum effort.

Kikan

lucho played with no midfield , Weakest defense and he was seriously expecting to win ? I honestly thought that he learned something from Sevilla game , but he did not . Sorry , but any half wit Barca fan would have put a better line up than this . What a F..en Coward sitting all nervous like he is glowed to the chair . BRING XABI BACK AT ALL COSTS

Darko

What exactly would we have gained by letting them go? We have a transfer ban. No one else would be available for the Supercup.

We should been prepared for this. We knew years ago that the "patient midfielder" is nowhere near good enough. Adriano too. And guys like Grimaldo and Samper can't be worse than those two.

Vilarrubi

So I guess all of you would prefer to lose at san mames, but for the 1st match of la liga, instead of supercopa?

Seriously. Enrique surely knows better than us his squad is thin. But there's a ban, and nothing to do about it.

So you mean rest players at San Mames and play them at Camp Nou in the 2nd leg? Doesn't make sense.. either way it's a game before the first La Liga game with a risk of injury so are you suggesting we rest them both games?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Main thing to take from this game is squad depth will give the team trouble. They have bodies, but the quality is very very suspect. Midfield outside of the starting 3 is not good, and the defense is one key injury away from getting exploited.

If they manage to stay afloat and close in La Liga until Jan for reinforcements, that would be a success alone.

silvia

Emery:worthy: conceded 6 goals and before few minutes from exit, scored 4,, Denis suarez scored two.. i should have watched that, seriously.:messi:

Home of Barca Fans