Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Funny how some here said that we had our midfield covered after Arda signed. Even when he becomes available, we will still struggle. We desperately need to sign players with far better quality than as of late when the transfer ban ends. Like it or not, but this team need someone young and exciting, that would bring something new and fresh to our midfield and still be world-class. All in for Pogba next summer. Break the bank.

ebc_99

The tie is not over, we can still thrash them 5 or 6 at Camp Nou if we are up for it. But maybe Lucho will let it go and focus on la liga. Looking at other top squads on Wiki, our depth is not that bad at the moment and will improve when Arda and Vidal are available, aside from Real & Bayern we are the equal of any top team in depth and superier to all with our first team.

mazp

The key is not to drop too many points before Jan. We have a tough away schedule in the first half of the season. i have a feeling we're going drop points due to the congested schedule, plus rotations, etc.

raskolnikov

We lack depth at lb and cb and in attack if pedro leaves. Also at rb/am until january.

Change Vermaelen/Bartra/Adriano for quality substitutes and we would have instant depth.

raskolnikov

The key is not to drop too many points before Jan. We have a tough away schedule in the first half of the season. i have a feeling we're going drop points due to the congested schedule.

Remember what Simeone said before the summer. This is why they make us suffer early this season with the schedule.

dakt

Funny how some here said that we had our midfield covered after Arda signed. Even when he becomes available, we will still struggle. We desperately need to sign players with far better quality than as of late when the transfer ban ends. Like it or not, but this team need someone young and exciting, that would bring something new and fresh to our midfield and still be world-class. All in for Pogba next summer. Break the bank.

Wow, what a selling point for Pogba. He and his agent can shove 100 million and "next to Messi sallary" in their greedy asses.

raki

Starting La Liga with a win is the most important. That's all that matters. However, Lucho needs to get something in his head. There is absolutely no way a team like the one he put on tonight should ever start a La Liga game. Never. They could be subbed in once the score is 4-0 or something similar. So, resting our key players should be done only when the win is secured. Only then.

In a way, I'm glad this happened tonight, before the season starts.

Away with average teams perhaps. At home with average teams it not worries me.

StarLord

I know this is just a Supercup, but still:

We have just added one more spectacular blast to this anthology.

Blaugrana Man

I really don't see the need for all this panic. San Mames is rough, Bilbao are a strong team, and we are out of shape and weakened by a number of situations. The tie still isn't over, and even if we lose, what does it really mean?

It was a bad performance and nothing more. Lets everybody calm down, please.

Home of Barca Fans