Spanish Super Cup: Barca - Bilbao 1-1 (1-5 agg.)

barcafan161

I really don't see the need for all this panic. San Mames is rough, Bilbao are a strong team, and we are out of shape and weakened by a number of situations. The tie still isn't over, and even if we lose, what does it really mean?

It was a bad performance and nothing more. Lets everybody calm down, please.

doesn't mean much really....it's not a main trophy

StarLord

It's definitely not the end of the world, but still this is a humiliating result for the best team on the planet.

Catalan Fan

Funny how some here said that we had our midfield covered after Arda signed. Even when he becomes available, we will still struggle. We desperately need to sign players with far better quality than as of late when the transfer ban ends. Like it or not, but this team need someone young and exciting, that would bring something new and fresh to our midfield and still be world-class. All in for Pogba next summer. Break the bank.

Certainly the ban has fucked us up, there's no denying that.Pogba is a great player and I suspect he will leave Juve next summer (after the Euros), but his fee/wages will probably be extortionate plus I get the feeling he's a mercenary so am not that keen on him.

Turan and Vidal will both revitalise our squad from Jan imho, both good buys.

F

Flavia

Certainly the ban has fucked us up, there's no denying that.Pogba is a great player and I suspect he will leave Juve next summer (after the Euros), but his fee/wages will probably be extortionate plus I get the feeling he's a mercenary so am not that keen on him.

Turan and Vidal will both revitalise our squad from Jan imho, both good buys.

Just the 2 of them are not enough. We'll still be short one great cb, one good lb and another good cm.

dakt

You know what I'm really pissed about.....that foul which led to penalty. They already had 3:0 and like Bojan said, it was a "soft penalty" which is being overlooked constantly when RM is in question...and ref couldn't have done the same today.
Sorry, this humiliation hurts, so I need reasons. :angry:

Catalan Fan

Just the 2 of them are not enough. We'll still be short one great cb, one good lb and another good cm.[/QUO

Yes I know mate, but we'll have to make do with what we've got for now ? End of the day, we got a skinny squad and Lucho will have to seriously consider his rotations this season, not going to be easy.

ManusXavi

1 word - Team Chemistry.

I wouldn't not play this midfield again. I actually think this midfield could be a useful combo if they are played together regularly (While resting Iniesta and Busquets)

BerkeleyBernie

Excellent display from Bilbao. Very well organized, disciplined and intense performance; even with a handful of key players missing. As for Barca, there's not much to say really, other than the obvious.

Yep, that was up there with Atlético in terms of pressing, stamina, and organization. Even with a rested full starting lineup, Barça would have been hard pressed to forge a win on the day.

Home of Barca Fans