Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Maradona37

German commentator said both gold. Idk to be honest.
Yeah British commentators said they got wrong info. Then started talking about it being the right thing to do and it being a little disappointing in the spirit of competition that the two guys in 2021 shared (though they understood why they did).

Loki

Then started talking about it being the right thing to do and it being a little disappointing in the spirit of competition that the two guys in 2021 shared
Yeah, fuck the spirit if you train for 4 years and have to risk the gold medal I'd say. Pardon my french :D

Maradona37

Yeah, fuck the spirit if you train for 4 years and have to risk the gold medal I'd say. Pardon my french :D
true.

Back from the errand in time for the women's relay. I saw Kerr winning on the TV in the Chinese takeaway place (for my elderly neighbour). Lol everyone is watching.

Thankfully the Chinese place is only 2 mins walk.

Maradona37

This is daft. The Americans must have better gear than everyone else. They smashed everyone ffs. I know they were the faves but still.

Lieke Klaver, Femke Bol, Amber Anning, Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone, Gabi Thomas...what a sixsome that would be o_O

Maradona37

That's it then. I know tomorrow are still some disciplines left, but the most interesting ones ended today :(
Swimming and athletics has been exceptional. Liked the climbing, handball, volleyball I watched too. I watched a couple of other bits and bobs but swimming and athletics dominate the entire two weeks, in morning and evening at least.

Loki

Swimming and athletics has been exceptional. Liked the climbing, handball, volleyball I watched too. I watched a couple of other bits and bobs but swimming and athletics dominate the entire two weeks, in morning and evening at least.
Yeah, followed athletics way more than I intended to. Duplantis was the absolute highlight of course. But let's make the final posts tomorrow! Although I won't watch the ending ceremony.

Maradona37

Yeah, followed athletics way more than I intended to. Duplantis was the absolute highlight of course. But let's make the final posts tomorrow! Although I won't watch the ending ceremony.
Yeah I remember you saying you didn't have much interest in T and F but you got into it. Duplantis definitely moment of the athletics for me.

I watched most of the opening ceremony the other day, I didn't watch it live but skipped through it on repeat. Some of it looked breathtaking tbh, like the hot air balloon.

Home of Barca Fans