Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Horatio

You're welcome
So you might be asking, if they don't have feelings or empathy, how do they get a thrill from murder? No idea to be honest. maybe it's that lack of empathy that causes it.

They always get described as devoid of emotion, at least in movies. Yet, they are very much concerned with their survival.

Maradona37

They always get described as devoid of emotion, at least in movies. Yet, they are very much concerned with their survival.
Yeah, they're weird. I don't think they fear being put to death, but they do everything to avoid being caught. It's a weird contradiction.

Maybe, as I say, they just wanna beat the police and go as long as possible as they can to kill as many people as they can.

Maradona37

This isn't so much off topic as pissed all over the topic.

I suppose it isn't THAT much of a stretch to go from olympic sport to guy climing eiffel tower to extreme sports.

But you bringing up serial killers is dark lol.

Maradona37

On topic of guy climbing eiffel:

Parkour was born in Paris if I am not mistaken. Should’ve celebrated the guy.
They gave a nod to it in the opening ceremony didn't they? The masked 'person' (in reality several guys or girls) doing parkour and traversing across Paris, until eventually giving Zidane the Olympic flame, lol.

Horatio

You're welcome
One have to be literally a bit insane to do stuff like this. Especially for no good reason tbh.

damn…i swear I appended my post before you posted.

I saw the documentary and he explains how it is basically a mental state that you forge. He definitely knows panic and fear, but doesn’t allow his mind to go there. But it’s like landslide. Once it does kick in, difficult to take control again.

Also confirms your point if I recall.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Yeah, they're weird. I don't think they fear being put to death, but they do everything to avoid being caught. It's a weird contradiction.

Maybe, as I say, they just wanna beat the police and go as long as possible as they can to kill as many people as they can.
That's not contradiction. Survival instinct permeates all. Nobody wants to die, which is why suicide is so hard and usually done by people in extreme conditions. And serial killers or psychopaths like that definitely aren't suicidal.

Maradona37

That's not contradiction. Survival instinct permeates all. Nobody wants to die, which is why suicide is so hard and usually done by people in extreme conditions. And serial killers or psychopaths like that definitely aren't suicidal.
Fair enough, yeah that makes sense re survival instinct.

It's weird how survival instinct overcomes total lack of human feeling in sociopaths. But then it's more a lack of feeling for others. They have narcissism towards themselves, so in that sense it makes sense why they'd be totally concerned with their own well being at the expense of everyone else's.

Maradona37

Anyway I think it's been established that this is well off-topic.

Other boys coming in to see what they have missed in the Olympics thread will be greeted with multiple pages of 'what the fuck is this?'

Gnidrologist

Fair enough, yeah that makes sense re survival instinct.

It's weird how survival instinct overcomes total lack of human feeling in sociopaths. But then it's more a lack of feeling for others. They have narcissism towards themselves, so in that sense it makes sense why they'd be totally concerned with their own well being at the expense of everyone else's.
It doesn't have to be narcissism. Every lifeform has it by default. Even tiniest vegetation will seek light of sun by circumventing all kind of hard obstacles, let alone animals and mammals.

Home of Barca Fans