Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

serghei

Taiwan's federation are likely filing a lawsuit against the IBA.

In CAS?

Btw, I forgot to check if you agree that someone showing xy chromosomes in blood tests should not be allowed to compete vs women in the majority of sports.

Maradona37

Yeah, sure. Just like everybody can be Messi with enough training.
Obviously talent is the overriding factor. These daredevils had to be good at what they did too, as well as Messi being the best. Otherwise they'd fall at the first hurdle, quite literally.

But as Horatio says, practice fine tunes that extreme talent further.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In all doping cases and cases related in general to gender testing of athletes the methodology isn't confidential. The results and what they showed specifically are, but how and what they were tested for is usually public.

The fact that the IBA won't even reveal any specifics about their methods makes it extremely suspicious to say the least.

Maradona37

I agree though that they feel a lot less fear naturally than most humans, the same way Messi is better with a ball than all humans.

Whether they feel NO fear? Well you'd have to ask them that. And they probably don't know themselves if they felt it when they started out as they're so used to the daredevil stuff now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Btw, I forgot to check if you agree that someone showing xy chromosomes in blood tests should not be allowed to compete vs women in the majority of sports.

Maybe if you read my posts you'd know I'm against men competing vs. women and vice versa lol, and the entire transgender ideology in general. I don't agree with it and that people can transition to other genders.

It's against what I believe due to my beliefs religiously as well as culturally.

I just find it strange how you'll believe the words of the IBA when they have a clear conflict of interest, and won't publicize their methodology.

Gnidrologist

lol what?

Messi is an extremity. But players generally get more comfortable on pitch through repetition and exposure no?
What do you mean by that? That yes, everybody can be Messi, if they "just worked harder"?
Obviously talent is the overriding factor. These daredevils had to be good at what they did too, as well as Messi being the best. Otherwise they'd fall at the first hurdle, quite literally.

But as Horatio says, practice fine tunes that extreme talent further.
Obviously, someone, who already has certain inborn traits and extreme personality/talent, will harness it further under right discipline and training, but the former needs to be there to begin with. Otherwise people like Messi or these extreme stunt men would be mundane phenomena.

Maradona37

What do you mean by that. That yes, everybody can be Messi, if they "just worked harder". Obviously talent is the overriding factor. These daredevils had to be good at what they did too, as well as Messi being the best. Otherwise they'd fall at the first hurdle, quite literally.

Obviously, someone, who already has certain inborne traits and extreme personality/talent, will harness it further under right discipline and training, but the former needs to be there to begin with. Otherwise people like Messi or these extreme stunt men would be mundane phenomena.
I know, I am agreeing with you. I made two posts there that basically agree with you.

It's that old thing about extreme talent being the best, but you still need to be professional and put the work in. If Messi sat on his arse eating pizza all day he'd still be great but it would give clowns like Creepnaldo the chance to close the gap on him,

Equally, the talent and ability advantage daredevils has still needs practice to hone it. Even more so with them as failing to practice can mean literal death.

Nobody is saying Jim off the street can become a daredevil tomorrow if he just starts practicing. he'd improve, but not have the minimum level of talent required in the first place.

Horatio

You're welcome
What do you mean by that. That yes, everybody can be Messi, if they "just worked harder". Obviously talent is the overriding factor. These daredevils had to be good at what they did too, as well as Messi being the best. Otherwise they'd fall at the first hurdle, quite literally.

Obviously, someone, who already has certain inborne traits and extreme personality/talent, will harness it further under right discipline and training, but the former needs to be there to begin with. Otherwise people like Messi or these extreme stunt men would be mundane phenomena.

We’re mixing up skill and talent with emotion of fear it seems. I was addressing that hard for me to believe someone would not experience fear to some degree. If no fear, what makes it alluring to do so in first place?

serghei

I just find it strange how you'll believe the words of the IBA when they have a clear conflict of interest, and won't publicize their methodology.

I don't believe anyone by default usually.

It's a cumulus of more signs.

There's the disqualification itself.

The lack of appeal from the suspended athletes, making the decision definitive and binding.

No tests done by IOC, but instead they tampered with the rules.

There's also the issue of the athletes in question having visible male characteristics. I'd say they are males based on a quick look.

2560.jpg

Maradona37

We’re mixing up skill and talent with emotion of fear it seems. I was addressing that hard for me to believe someone would not experience fear to some degree. If no fear, what makes it alluring to do so in first place?
It was something that I overlooked til you mentioned it, but it makes sense. Minus fear, the adrenaline rush and thrill of 'beating the risk' wouldn't be there anyway. Because without fear, there is no risk to them.

Unless they feel no fear and the 'fear' is death rather than the activity they're doing.

Gnidrologist

Sure. It's just that some people seemingly have their sense of fear more muffled than others. At least on some things, maybe not all. There's no way years of training to walk on rope would make me try the stunt like that guy just like years of football practice, no matter how intense, wont make me GOAT.

Horatio

You're welcome
It was something that I overlooked til you mentioned it, but it makes sense. Minus fear, the adrenaline rush and thrill of 'beating the risk' wouldn't be there anyway. Because without fear, there is no risk to them.

Unless they feel no fear and the 'fear' is death rather than the activity they're doing.

That’s what I am thinking. Something only gets exciting once acknowledge the risks.

Maradona37

What do you mean by that? That yes, everybody can be Messi, if they "just worked harder"?
No, he means that everyone can improve within their own potential and personal limit, be the best they can be, if they work hard.

Nobody can be Messi with hard work. But they can be the best version of themselves. For some that is still rubbish, for others it takes them from average to good. But Messi is the best ever. But even he has to work hard to maintain his level.

Home of Barca Fans