The Negreira case

Richard.H

This has been quite bad for the club no matter how you look at it. Even fuking ESPN primetime is covering it here, who usually give no flying fuk about futbol. Why would you even attempt to pay any organization thati s controlled by refs? It's just Ethics 101.

raskolnikov

https://english.elpais.com/sports/2...-barcelona-a-corrupt-referee-or-a-conman.html

Allegedly from 2001 to 2018 FC Barcelona paid Negreira to influence referee decisions to favor us in La Liga.

First question that comes up my mind is why we didn't win any shit from 2001 until 2004 and yet we provided this guy money for his "Mercedes, Chivas and Davidoff" year after year? What kind of idiot pays for fixed bets that don't materialize this long?
This why it doesnt make sense. We win in la liga despite hige referee bias against us not because of it.

serghei

I can't take this seriously. Having seen the games in question live. It's a stupid scandal full of incompetents and crooks on each side, but the possibility of us getting favors from the refs is minuscule.

But Barca sure are experts at looking like clowns. Can't wait to sell the club and get rid of crooked politicians like Bartomeu.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona is a club that cannot stop self-destructing.

A tale as old as time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Still don't understand why only Bartomeu and his board might be indicted but not the previous presidents, since it allegedly started in the 90s.

Relegation to Segunda and no European competition for a year? It will kill us financially. La Liga basically will become another Bundesliga.

JamDav1982

Still don't understand why only Bartomeu and his board might be indicted but not the previous presidents, since it allegedly started in the 90s.

Relegation to Segunda and no European competition for a year? It will kill us financially. La Liga basically will become another Bundesliga.

Legally can only go back as far as 2010.

Laporta was paying the whole of last presidency and hiked the payments up also.

If it comes to anything he will have to resign anyway.

serghei

Seems to me that the corrupt here is this Negreira who used his position to gain money from the club.

It's like protection money the mob demanded from regular people to keep their joint safe from "accidents".

You give me money and you don't get Manzano-ed often.

This Negreira dude is a professional extortionist. Club should be fine I think. Shouldn't have paid him and came forward sooner though. They look like clowns now.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, if we were the only club paying him money, and not chunk change, around 6m in total, then the club is to be blamed too. It remains to be explained what the nature of the payments all those years was.

Laporta said we would have a press conference explaining everything, they'd better be.

serghei

Relegation for what? There is no proof we paid any refs to gain favors. The guy we paid is an extortionist.

serghei

Well, if we were the only club paying him money, and not chunk change, around 6m in total, then the club is to be blamed too. It remains to be explained what the nature of the payments all those years was.

Laporta said we would have a press conference explaining everything, they'd better be.

The club probably got duped by this guy initially, and then paid him to not expose the whole thing.

Like a long con.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Seems to me that the corrupt here is this Negreira who used his position to gain money from the club.

It's like protection money the mob demanded from regular people to keep their joint safe from "accidents".

You give me money and you don't get Manzano-ed often.

This Negreira dude is a professional extortionist. Club should be fine I think. Shouldn't have paid him and came forward sooner though. They look like clowns now.

If any unsolicited ref tried to extort a club he'd lose his job on the spot. No surprise your view of club politics is as delusional as view on Xavi. It's really sad.

Home of Barca Fans