The Negreira case

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Relegation for what? There is no proof we paid any refs to gain favors. The guy we paid is an extortionist.

We don't know what evidence and information the Prosecutor's Office has, if they didn't see anything fishy, I don't think they would have charged the club. I don't know if their case is simply based on the fact the club paid the No.2 at CTA money all these years or, if they have been able to establish the motive or the nature of these payments.

I guess we will find out tomorrow if the court in Barcelona will admit the case or not.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The club probably got duped by this guy initially, and then paid him to not expose the whole thing.

Like a long con.

I doubt it, if it happened like they alleged, that it all started in either 2001 or even the 90s and didn't end until 2018 when Bartomeu put a stop to the payments, I'd think the club knew what they were doing.

serghei

I doubt it, if it happened like they alleged, that it all started in either 2001 or even the 90s and didn't end until 2018 when Bartomeu put a stop to the payments, I'd think the club knew what they were doing.

Of course the club knew what they were doing. Look at the scandal. They paid him to avoid it. But the club is more victim than aggressor here. They got extorted into paying millions to this con man.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Best case scenario is the court doesn't admit the case, then we will not face anything criminally, but there might be sporting sanctions from UEFA and FIFA anyways.

Worst case scenario the court admits the case, deems that the club hasn't met all the conditions of being exempt from the liabilities of a conviction and convicts the club, then we will be in serious trouble legally and sporting-wise.

If it is the second scenario, institutionally (as if we had not already crumbled) and more importantly financially we will take a huge hit.

Iniesta Ultra

Ref making barely six figures cannot extort a billion dollar club. It's like a deli trying to extort the mafia cartel lmao, your analogy's inverted.

Porque

I don't think UEFa/FIFA would overstep the Spanish courts. This seems more of a domestic issue.

But it it went that route then it wouldn't go very far. Limitations will be 5 years.

serghei

If there is any form of coercion or any lies from Negreira then it's not a bribe. I think it is based on what I have read online. I feel confident the club will sort it out. As said, Barca always felt that Madrid are getting better treatment in Spain, so easy for them to get baited into this type of scenario.

The club was approached by a conman with lies probably about being disadvantaged vs Madrid if they don't contribute and blah, blah, and bought it initially. Then the Negreira dude sensed he had good leverage to extort money from the club for years and years, knowing how this looks for the club if it got exposed.

Last edited:

serghei

La Liga didn't need this. All in all, the best team won the league almost every year. Implying leagues aren't won fairly is not doing anyone any favors.

And Madrid media should shut the fuck up. Nobody will believe a catalan club robbed Madrid in La Liga lol. If a massive corruption scandal blows up, this will be another area where Madrid will be superior to Barca, paying the refs while not getting caught like idiots.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Ref making barely six figures cannot extort a billion dollar club. It's like a deli trying to extort the mafia cartel lmao, your analogy's inverted.

That they make anywhere near six figures is ridiculous in itself
Seen reports that they make 300k per season + around 2000 premium per game
That's 7x the amount English refs make with fuckall difference between them if not being worse than them

PS SER also saying Barca will be charged with falsifying documents and fraud on top of the corruption charge

Porque

If there is any form of coercion or any lies from Negreira then it's not a bribe. I think it is based on what I have read online. I feel confident the club will sort it out. As said, Barca always felt that Madrid are getting better treatment in Spain, so easy for them to get baited into this type of scenario.

The club was approached by a conman with lies probably about being disadvantaged vs Madrid if they don't contribute and blah, blah, and bought it initially. Then the Negreira dude sensed he had good leverage to extort money from the club for years and years, knowing how this looks for the club if it got exposed.

With the way Gaspart run the club anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he started paying the sum in exchange for rare Pokemon cards.

serghei

With the way Gaspart run the club anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he started paying the sum in exchange for rare Pokemon cards.

I can totally see Gaspart getting played by Negreira, then Laporta and his politician nose sensing this smells bad and passing it forward. And then after Bartomeu got through 2-3 scandals, he said, fuck it, put this one on my tab too.

serghei

Lol, refs and executives in refereeing boards have a lot of power. They are in charge with the concept of fairness if football in the eye of the public. It doesn't matter how much money they make. If anything, if they are underpaid and of questionable morality, it makes them more likely to exploit those options.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans