The Negreira case

serghei

Anyway the key issue is Barca didn't get help from refs, if anything, most blatant errors were against us in the last decade if not more.

ajnotkeith

Anyway the key issue is Barca didn't get help from refs, if anything, most blatant errors were against us in the last decade if not more.

I'm not sure if that's really relevant.

If it is that we have tried to bribe refs, it doesn't matter if we were successful or not - the fact is we had the intention to do it and tried to do it..

Despite it being under Laporta"s administration in large part he doesn't seem to want to explain it which is worrying.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, the result doesn't matter, the intent/motive matters.

They'd better be having that press conference soon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not sure if that's really relevant.

If it is that we have tried to bribe refs, it doesn't matter if we were successful or not - the fact is we had the intention to do it and tried to do it..

Despite it being under Laporta"s administration in large part he doesn't seem to want to explain it which is worrying.

I think they are waiting for that external investigation to be completed before explaining anything.

El Gato

Villarato!
serghei still worried not about that Barca may have tried to bribe the refs, it's that nothing came of it :lol:

State of some Cules about this

JamDav1982

Cant make out from thin air that Barca were being 'extorted' it doesnt make any sense.

Extorted in what way? This guy claiming Real be favoured in some way unless Barca paid him?

Makes no sense to pay him millions in that scenario rather than report what would be clear idea of bias to Real.

Need to do better than coming up with that kind of shite as if Barca are in fact still the real 'victim' here.

serghei

Yeah, the result doesn't matter, the intent/motive matters.

They'd better be having that press conference soon.

The intent is hardest to prove. I haven't seen anything to suggest the club acted with malice, I did read threats from Negreira.

JamDav1982

The intent is hardest to prove. I haven't seen anything to suggest the club acted with malice, I did read threats from Negreira.

Threats from him mean next to nothing as to why they were paying him money.

If anything shows opposite. They stopped paying him so clearly didnt think he had that power to 'extort' them.

serghei

Cant make out from thin air that Barca were being 'extorted' it doesnt make any sense.

Extorted in what way? This guy claiming Real be favoured in some way unless Barca paid him?

Makes no sense to pay him millions in that scenario rather than report what would be clear idea of bias to Real.

Need to do better than coming up with that kind of shite as if Barca are in fact still the real 'victim' here.

Report to who? The idea is the system you report to is biased for Madrid. If that is true, then you either pay or leave the league.

Plus, to make accusations like that you have to prove it. Which is very hard.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Right, from what I have read (of course I might have missed a lot), the motive has not been established. Only the fact that we paid him through his company around 6m through 2018.

JamDav1982

Report to who? The idea is the system you report to is biased for Madrid. If that is true, then you either pay or leave the league.

Jesus you just keep digging.

So why pay him anything?

The whole system can be toppled in their Real bias by paying one man each season?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Stop with these lame conspiracy theories that Barca couldnt report being extorted as Real runs the country.

Absolute fantasy land and usual Serghie nonsense.

'Pay or leave the league'.

Leave league after 2018 did they?

Moronic stuff.

serghei

Right, from what I have read (of course I might have missed a lot), the motive has not been established. Only the fact that we paid him through his company around 6m through 2018.

Most of which could be extortion money for him to keep quiet, makes a lot of sense. There was no service other than him not making noise about the money, basically free money every year for the guy.

JamDav1982

Most of which could be extortion money for him to keep quiet, makes a lot of sense. There was no service other than him not making noise about the money, basically free money every year for the guy.

Keep quiet about what? That is blackmail not extortion by that point and doesnt point to him exorting them from outset.

What was his threat to them in order to extort millions initially?

Porque

Paying him to keep quiet about what exactly?

serghei

Jesus you just keep digging.

So why pay him anything?

The whole system can be toppled in their Real bias by paying one man each season?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Stop with these lame conspiracy theories that Barca couldnt report being extorted as Real runs the country.

Absolute fantasy land and usual Serghie nonsense.

'Pay or leave the league'.

Leave league after 2018 did they?

Moronic stuff.

You have no idea about my position as usual.

Home of Barca Fans