The Negreira case

Barcelonista001

New signing
Considering he is threatening to sue them, did you expect anything different?
Neutrals simply become more interested in Barca vs RM part, so from public perspective he deflected the case well.
The 600 reports answer a big question mark that was made initially: what did we pay money for?

Overall it was a solid press conference, Laporta got what he wanted from it, nothing groundbreaking which is expected
Thats good to know, the thing is i am reading reporters opinions and they are lambasting this
For me I thought it was acceptable

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Looks like we contracted Negreira's son to attend to the referee team when they were in Barcelona, that's not definitive evidence of enticing them or coercing them to make decisions in our favor though.

ajnotkeith

Negreira's son would have apparently claimed that he met with Bartomeu in his company offices more than once and that he has WhatsApp conversations with him. A secretary of Negreira also claimed that she overheard them discussing football in the company offices.

To be honest, this doesn't make sense. Why would the club president meet with some random guy the club employs to make ref reports? On top of that, ref reports that apparently weren't even seen by the management most of the time.

ajnotkeith

Negreira Jr : I would say on average, the value of the refereeing reports individually was around 20 euros each.

"My reports were almost all text-based, maybe there was two or three videos in total." (Laporta claimed dozens of videos purchased from Negreira exist).

ajnotkeith

According to the economic values that Negreira himself put on the reports individually, the services should have cost no more than 13,000 euros or so. Instead they costed 7.3 million.
Laporta also presented with 43 CDs of reports allegedly made by Javier Negreira, however, in his own statement, he claims he 'did not make more than 2 or 3 videos'. When Negreira was asked if Barcelona were working with others for these services also he replied he did not know.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Negreira's son would have apparently claimed that he met with Bartomeu in his company offices more than once and that he has WhatsApp conversations with him. A secretary of Negreira also claimed that she overheard them discussing football in the company offices.

To be honest, this doesn't make sense. Why would the club president meet with some random guy the club employs to make ref reports? On top of that, ref reports that apparently weren't even seen by the management most of the time.

Any idea what was discussed on WhatsApp between the two? That can either help somehow exonerate us or does the other way around...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Barcelonista001

New signing
What I understand form the last posts here is definitely we were paying huge sums for unknown reason, either bribing or someone wanted more money and facilitated the operation till it was discovered and halted (stealing money from the treasury)
Honestly its either one if these, the administration is definitively to be blamed for not actually monitoring this properly, now I really hope its the latter 😪

ajnotkeith

Any idea what was discussed on WhatsApp between the two? That can either help somehow exonerate us or does the other way around...
Not yet disclosed, but they have his phone, and are looking through all of his conversations with Grau/Contreras/Barto as part of the investigation.

I would assume that it is not incriminating because from everything I've read it seems that Negreira Jr had no idea what was going on and was not a part of any corruption, if it occurred. However, could help to either confirm or rebut our version of events in terms of refereeing reports and services provided.

The judge who accepted the initial complaint stated she would not be authorising any charges against Negreira Jr as she considered him a 'figurehead' in the case and said it was unlikely he was aware of the confidential agreement Barca and Negreira Sr had. So it is doubtful any clear evidence of corruption will be there, he also voluntarily provided these conversations as he is not under investigation as part of the case at the moment.

If it would interest you/anyone, I can do a full write up on the case so far and exactly the facts with a legal opinion as I've spent a lot of time reviewing the case.

iniestaGOAT

Not yet disclosed, but they have his phone, and are looking through all of his conversations with Grau/Contreras/Barto as part of the investigation.

I would assume that it is not incriminating because from everything I've read it seems that Negreira Jr had no idea what was going on and was not a part of any corruption, if it occurred. However, could help to either confirm or rebut our version of events in terms of refereeing reports and services provided.

The judge who accepted the initial complaint stated she would not be authorising any charges against Negreira Jr as she considered him a 'figurehead' in the case and said it was unlikely he was aware of the confidential agreement Barca and Negreira Sr had. So it is doubtful any clear evidence of corruption will be there, he also voluntarily provided these conversations as he is not under investigation as part of the case at the moment.

If it would interest you/anyone, I can do a full write up on the case so far and exactly the facts with a legal opinion as I've spent a lot of time reviewing the case.

Yes, do it. Full write up on the case.

Barcelonista001

New signing

Thank you, but what about the money that spent, does it really seem its part of the reception needed for the refs!

Home of Barca Fans