The Negreira case

JamDav1982

Let's see them. Nothing yet.

Regardless.. pointing to decisions for and against Barca at this point is largely irrelevant as to where they are with investigation.

Saying Barca didnt get a goal v Betis adds nothing unless some dont understand where case currently is.

JamDav1982

True, legally it's irrelevant. Morally, we could all see the club didn't get any favors.

Nah it doesnt even prove that any more than those who point to decisions club did get and come up with tables about how many decisions red/pens Barca got.

It is near enough a universal issue in football that clubs think they are on wrong end of too many decisions.

Dont need to point to decisions.. just need to point out how it was virtually impossible for Negeria to have that influence either way.

serghei

Nah it doesnt even prove that any more than those who point to decisions club did get and come up with tables about how many decisions red/pens Barca got.

It is near enough a universal issue in football that clubs think they are on wrong end of too many decisions.

Dont need to point to decisions.. just need to point out how it was virtually impossible for Negeria to have that influence either way.

As I said, my comment was not regarding our legal options, but what we saw during games. Doubt most clubs can claim the ball went in like half a meter in one of their games. Haven't seen something similar personally in many years.

The Betis goal that was not given was shocking for this level of football.

JamDav1982

As I said, my comment was not regarding our legal options, but what we saw during games. Doubt most clubs can claim the ball went in like half a meter in one of their games. Haven't seen something similar in ages.

The Betis goal that was not given was shocking for this level of football.

There has been plenty bad decisions of balls over the line and obviously less these days.

But it has no relevance either way unless arguing with someone who doesnt understand the case.

ajnotkeith

Sergio Canales to Del Cerro Grande during Betis-Barca : 'You send someone off every game we play. You know you are ending the game with this red card right? You don't have to do this. You don't have to give in man. You don't have to give in.'

Wonder what he meant.

ajnotkeith

Intention regarding what? All that has come out, even in pure hypotheticals, is Barca making sure the refs aren't being biased towards Madrid, based on something implied by Negreira even. Nothing about refs being biased towards Barca.
'Making sure the refs aren't biased' with payments is understood as CORRUPTION in legal terms.

This explanation is not accepted legally because there is already the presumption of neutrality in sports and indeed the firm belief that there is. Nor is there any real evidence suggesting corruption towards the other side that would need to be 'cancelled' out, and if there was, the correct thing to do would be to report it/go public with it, not bribe a ref to get our own back.

Anyway, what is clear is that the payments were not for reports. The best case scenario is it was money laundering as has been claimed but doesn't seem a very credible explanation to money launder with a ref, considering how that can look.

ajnotkeith

Four top category Spanish referees are being investigated by the Anticorruption unit in Spain over suspiciously acquired assets. This is not currently/yet being linked to the Negreira case.

All four have several properties worth millions each, that seem to all be paid for in cash, and did not require mortgages. One referee had a 7 million euro property paid fully up front with no mortgage or payment plan required.

For context, the highest earning Spanish referee last year was Mateu Lahoz, earning 360,000 euros, for refereeing Champions League/LaLiga/Internationally.

ajnotkeith

One of the referees investigated is Clos Gomez, who has some link to Caso Negreira, as Negreira Jr inappropriately informed Barca that he would referee the Copa Del Rey final 3 months before it happened. It has not yet been discovered how this information was obtained.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They bought those properties pretty late, in the last several years if I am not mistaken. And they are damn expensive, well over 7m I'd think. I don't think there is a link to the Negreira case at all.

ajnotkeith

They bought those properties pretty late, in the last several years if I am not mistaken. And they are damn expensive, well over 7m I'd think. I don't think there is a link to the Negreira case at all.
Clearly that guy must have some other significant source of income because being a ref doesn't pay near enough to be able to fully pay up front for 7m property.

They make max 350k a year gross.

But yeah, the news doesn't state they are suspected of anything, just that they would be analysing how they got these real estate assets because they don't correspond to their salaries.

Home of Barca Fans