Thiago Silva

raskolnikov

Spiderman phone cover, hat sideways and duckface. All he needed was a clever football related shirt with a text like "never go trough life without goals"... and he would make a great douchy 30 year old college student.

Bertus

Lost a lot of sympathy for him after those quotes. No wonder that he loves PSG so much...

As the Eurosports and The Guardian journalists said, at least he talks about money, which is a big taboo among superstars footballers these days. For once, one of those superstars admitted money is playing a big role nowadays.

If you think TS is an exclusive case, i bet you're very wrong. What about Messi that keeps asking for bigger salaries? What about Messi and his father that didn't pay his taxes properly? Did you lose some sympathy? Because actually it's worse than what TS said or did you know?

I bet you would have lost whole more sympathy if he said that he chose PSG only because of its history and prestige. That would have been a complete lie that most footballers would have used.

People are not happy whatever footballers do, especially when they don't choose their club of choice.

Also, I bet TS has enough of these questions about him and Barcelona. Every times he leaves France, the journalists just come back again and again and again on this.

So instead of blaming TS to talk too much like some people did, blame the journalists that harrass him with Barcelona. The mercato is done, leave the dude alone.

And also, you know, liking money is not a crime. And you can like money without turning into an horrible person as long as you have limits. As far I as know, TS didn't do anything bad. It's not as if he liked money to the point of stealing some.

Whatever anyways. Some people will never be happy about whatever he says on this topic "because he didn't choose barca", as if it was a crime. really it's tiring.

Also i posted my translation of a very big part of this interview at the bottom of last page if anyone is interested...

Last edited:

CesDel

Messi, like most likely every football player, pays someone to do his taxes then add the fact that messi was 17-20 around that time. So it's not really the same.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I can understand that he considered to not come due to Abi's situation, but saying that he has a family to feed was disgusting considering he earn more than several families in just one month.

It was a disgusting comment and a very disappointing one as well. I dont mind staying at all due to personal or other reasons, but what he said is a low for him.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not disgusting but not Barcelona caliber either for someone more worried about his paycheck rather than club, trophies & legacy...No harm and certainly not a rare admission, but illuminating - of course, we always knew it was about the money with him.

A player playing for a paycheck is never going to play as hard as someone who is there for their 'dream'

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Not disgusting, but certainly a bit unwise considering half of Europe is still in a financial crisis, high youth unemployment in many countries and a growing number of people in Europe living below the poverty line. Just doesn't sound right.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not disgusting, but certainly a bit unwise considering half of Europe is still in a financial crisis, high youth unemployment in many countries and a growing number of people in Europe living below the poverty line. Just doesn't sound right.

+1000

He must be on crack. I understand many players choose a certain club because they make €2M, €3M or maybe even €5M more a year. But what, he would make like €6M, €7M or maybe €8M a year from Barca (+moneyz from sponsors) and he can't support his family? Dude, 7% of the Brazilian population live in favelas, that's more than 12M people!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is not a disgusting comment, even though I don't like it, as a Barca fan. He is just being brutally honest, that's it.

We should just forget about this guy and go after someone else.

Anything PSG just makes me cringe.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Barca fans butt hurt give me a break.

It's like every player they want has to go to them otherwise its tantamount to treason.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Barca fans butt hurt give me a break.

It's like every player they want has to go to them otherwise its tantamount to treason.
Cut some slack man... Our club's been hailed as the best in the world for some time now, it's only natural the fans feel so! We shouldn't, but some of us just can't help!!

Home of Barca Fans