Thiago Silva

Bertus

1c89a342040e11e399e022000a1fb043_7.jpg

Bertus

Thiago Silva did an interview with many medias.

And the questions were the same as always....: about him staying at PSG.

To this, TS clearly replied.

Here my translation of his reply in English:

"I had a calm summer"

"My duty is to stay in Paris and to respect my contract till its end"

"There were some rumors around Barcelona about I that would want to go there or not."

"But I always have been very clear, I am happy here, and I want to stay"

"I believe in this project even despite the departures of Ancelotti and leonardo"

"Nothing changed"

"And about my supposed decision to leave PSG, well, it was not true"

"I was very clear towards the President (Nasser), I will stay till the last day of my contract"

"Of course, if PSG tells me "Oh well Thiago, we don't want you anymore" then it would be different"

"But I am sure that I will stay till the end of my contract, and I really feel fine about it"

Classic TS, really. I have no doubts he likes Barcelona, but he stayed the same throughout his career. He always respects his contract and only transfers to another club when his current Club is asking him to.

Again, he proves to be an anti-clash player.

Last edited:

Neal Faradinho

Thiago Silva did an interview with many medias.

And the questions were the same as always....: about him staying at PSG.

To this, TS clearly replied.

Here my translation of his reply in English:

"I had a calm summer"

"My duty is to stay in Paris and to respect my contract till its end"

"There were some rumors around Barcelona about I that would want to go there or not."

"But I always have been very clear, I am happy here, and I want to stay"

"I believe in this project even despite the departures of Ancelotti and leonardo"

"Nothing changed"

"And about my supposed decision to leave PSG, well, it was not true"

"I was very clear towards the President (Nasser), I will stay till the last day of my contract"

"Of course, if PSG tells me "Oh well Thiago, we don't want you anymore" then it would be different"

"But I am sure that I will stay till the end of my contract, and I really feel fine about it"

Classic TS, really. I have no doubts he likes Barcelona, but he stayed the same throughout his career. He always respects his contract and only transfers to another club when his current Club is asking him to.

Again, he proves to be an anti-clash player.

A true professional, a real role model.

Bertus

A true professional, a real role model.

Well, yeah, but that doesn't stop the medias from harrassing him as if he was the one being in the wrong.

It's like being Professional now is seen as weird. While acting like Bale is seen as normal.

I expect the same battery of questions in his next interview. It always happens minus when he's interviewed by beIN SPORTS. Which is normal since beIN is also knows as Al Jazeera Sports France, which is owned by QSI, and presided by Nasser.

Bertus

Reposting from the official transfers thread

Sorry for the lack of PSG news guys, it was a very, very busy week for me. No time for hobbies.

Anyway :pep:

Yesterday, PSG finally posted the big news that everybody here knew already on their official tweeter:

PSG Officiel ✔ @PSG_inside

Paris est heureux d’annoncer que Thiago SILVA a prolongé son contrat d’une année supplémentaire. Il est donc lié au Club jusqu’en juin 2018

Which i'll translate for everyone.

"Paris is glad to announce that TS extended his contract by a year. He's now linked to the club till june 2018".

BSRqXgJCMAA_W3c.jpg

36087.jpg

Bertus

Barcelona officials can't even say the same thing about TS.

Zubi talked again about TS 2 days ago.

"We really did everything we could do to make him join us. He chose to stay at PSG, that choice concerns him alone. It's what he chose for his career. Gonna break a taboo, not everyone gets up in the morning wanting to join Barcelona, even if I think many players want to sign a contract here. Neymar chose Barcelona! About TS, it didn't work out. We have the perfect team for the season, but we didn't manage to sign the CB we wanted."

So according to Zubi:

- TS chose to stay at PSG.
- I didn't listen to the original interview but if what is said on french radio about it is true, Zubi is quite annoyed about TS' choise, he almost doesn't understand it.
- He says he has the perfect team but didn't get the CB he wanted. If it was so perfect, then why did he want TS? He sounds like a damage control dude.

And now we have Toni Freixa, Barcelona's spokeperson who said something completely different about TS.

"I am SURE that TS, our first CB choice this summer, wanted to join Barcelona. It's PSG that stopped any transaction".

Man, get your shit together, no one has the same story about TS at Barcelona. The dudes really like to spread rumors and all. Given TS' past and what he repeated for a year here in France about what a professional should be (that include to respect his contracts) i tend to believe Zubi, and I tend to believe that Freixa is still butthurt it.

And of course PSG was against it whatever what Barcelona wanted. FFS, who would be ok to sell the world best CB when there is no need for money? jeezz...

Last edited:
L

Learo

Trying to get a super star CB from an ultra rich club that doesnt need or want to sell isnt really trying to buy a CB. Thats just taking the piss, and deceiving the fans. Its the same with Luiz. Phrases like "we tried everything we could to buy a CB", "no one in the market is available" is just meaningless tripe.

Galning

Exactly. I've said it time and time again after we've signed Neymar: we won't sign anyone else. As you said it's just to give people the impression that they at least try to sign a good centreback.

psychotsek

A huge lol at our spokesmen. If they wanted him that bad they could've signed him while he was a AC Milan player... The funny think is that even if they are telling the thruth none is going to believe them.

Meitux

There wasn't much Thiago Silva could do, PSG had already agreed the deal for him and Ibrahimovic with Milan.

Home of Barca Fans