Thiago Silva

DrPepper

Yeah, he's certainly one of those players where you really notice his importance when he isn't playing. There are a lot of people thinking he isn't more than an ordinary player. Just like Busquets etc.

Bertus

Glop, another translation of one of his interviews from last night. I wonder if he thinks about giving up the national team since he talks a lot about personally having to pay and take on his responsability for what he was responsible for.

"I don't have any strength left to cry."

Helpless during the debacle of Brazil against Germany in WC semi-final, Thiago Silva who was suspended after having stupidely been booked against Columbia has said to be devastated after the nightmare that match was. TS wants to entirely take on this responsibility.

"Personally, after every defeats, i can't sleep. After the one against Chelsea, I couldn't sleep at all. Do, imagine after today result.... It was a WC that everyone here wanted to win. Today, I don't hace any strengh left to cry.

"Now we will have to heal up with the help of our families. We attach no importance to be third or fourth, but we will try to win because we have to respect this shirt."

"It is sure that my presence as captain could have given self confidence to the team at some points in the match, in particular when Germany score dfour goals in less than seven minutes. My role would have been to calm the team."

"But being off the field, i couldn't do anything. It's a massive disappointement, a result that hurts a lot, that no one expected and not only in Brazil but in the whole world. "

"People will sure talk a lot. I will have to take responsibility for my behaviors in this situation. People will wonder if Felipao did smistakes or not. He's not alone. we are all culprits of this disaster. "

"I couldn't do a thing to help on the field, but I have to take on my responsibilities : If i haven't been booked against Columbia, i could have played and have an influence on my teammates."​

Last edited:

Truthist

He was lucky not to get a red card tonight and his general play was pretty poor too. He's not even all that speed wise, admittedly I don't see him play week in and week out but I think he's overrated somewhat.

zealot

He was lucky not to get a red card tonight and his general play was pretty poor too. He's not even all that speed wise, admittedly I don't see him play week in and week out but I think he's overrated somewhat.

Compared to other CBs around today he is definitely one of the better ones. But compared to some yesteryears big names, yeah he is some way below them.

Paganinisrvnge

He looked great at first and then the whole defense got worse. The Brazil defense would've looked way better with Filipe Luis instead of Marcelo and Miranda instead of David Luiz.

L

linetty

His absence cost alot more than neymar's.
Not really. Thiago Silva played against the Dutch and the defence was only slightly improved.

They are a disaster without Neymar. It's ridiculous how much impact this guy makes.

Bertus

But compared to some yesteryears big names, yeah he is some way below them.
You didn't watch much about him it seems to say that so casually.

TS till 1 year ago was easily on par with the best CBs in history, but since less than 1 year and a half, he started to decline.

The TS people watched during this WC is a mere shadow of what he was in Milan and during his first year at PSG.

Alarcón

The big stage is where the best players are judged. Silva showed to little in the CL and the WC to be listed among the best ever. A few great seasons in the Italian and French league don't suffice for that.

Bertus

TS and Marcello enjoying their holidays.

fiorella.png

This selfie is from them attending the Vai que Cola de Globo show at the HSBC Arena. Fiorella Mattheis, the host of the show, made this playful selfie with them.

Home of Barca Fans