Thiago Silva

Hatem Ben Arfa

First of all, Newcastle had a stadium capable of 60,000 people 1905. The stadium wasn't expanded during kevan kegan, it was mordernised but had its seating capacity reduced quite heavily.

Secondly, I don't deny Newcastle being a good business, however. Apart from Man United, City, Chelsea, liverpool and Tottenham you have spent the most money on transfer, roughly 4 times as much as bolton and twice the amount of what sunderland have. If you honestly think that newcastle would be where it is today if it was from a smaller town and had a stadium with 15,000 seats, you're delusional. Newcastle spend smart but they still spend quite a lot. They would never have achieved what they are or have if they were from a smaller town with a smaller stadium.

And as for Arsenal, I do think a big reason for their success is due to their geographical location and stadium. Arsenal as well had a capacity of +60,000 before reconstuction began due to the taylor report.

The stadium had a capacity of 60,000+ in 1905 is because everyone would be standing in the terraces back in those days. the stadium was expanded in Keegan years after the success he brought us and expanded again after he left. St. James Park today is a 52,000 capacity all-seater stadium. Back in 1993 it was 36,000 capacity. we used the success we had to invest in our stadium to gain more revenue from season tickets. that is called organic growth, I don't know how you can say it is disgusting.

You are putting our success down to having a big stadium meaning it is unfair on other clubs that don't have a big stadium. that is wrong.

Since Newcastle United were promoted back to the Premier League our spending on transfers has been:

2010/2011 Season £10,250,000
2011/2012 Season £23,400,000 (Funded by £35 million sale of Andy Carroll, NOT our stadium size)

I would hardly call that an unfair advantage when you look at how all the TV money is distributed among all 20 Premier League clubs.

we have spent wisely on the right players and it hasn't cost too much either and we are sensible with our wages too. that is why we are successful and were competing for a 3rd place finish on the last day of the Premier League last season.. Not because of the £20 million revenue from ticket sales. Besides there were only 2 clubs last season with a stadium capacity below 25,000.

Does the Premier League TV revenue split look unfair to you?

there is nothing wrong with organic growth and that is what Newcastle's recent success has been based on. It is not disgusting like what these sugardaddies are doing at Man City, PSG etc.

Manchester City transfer spending:

2011/2012 Season £76,000,000
2010/2011 Season £154,750,000
2009/2010 Season £125,000,000

Manchester City's total spending on transfers in the last 3 years is £355,000,000 !!!! That = Disgusting
I don't even know how you can bring Newcastle United's Stadium size up as a comparison.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Dont forget madrid in there.

Madrid's case is different, they are rich since the dawn of time and they've been getting like 1 big signing per summer every year, unlike City and PSG who went on a shopping spree in the last 1-2 years.

XaviMessiGirl

I wouldn't group Madrid in with PSG/Chelsea/City either, mostly because they also have the history and success to command such big names to want to join them.

M

mitkoa7x

Madrid didnt become a force over night like the mentioned above. Unlike the rest RM has a history of success.

Meitux

psg will have big pressure if they dont win even the leauge when they have the likes of ibra lavezzi pastore menez thiago silva but ofcourse money doesnt build big teams and i think this is proven

Tezemery

Madrid have the most expensive squad in football history (and this is after getting rid of alot of the first expensive squad that Calderon created), if they arent up there with Chelsea, PSG and Man city i dont know what the criteria is.
Also 4 out of the top 5 most expensive players ever played for Madrid.

F

Flavia

He gave an interview saying he's not a mercenary, that he didn't want to leave milan, and apologized to the milan fans. He hinted his transfer was imposed.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think the truth is a bit of both.

Milan wanted the money PSG were offering and Thiago Silva was not adverse to moving there and earning what now getting at PSG.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
"I am focused on the Olympics. My contract is with PSG and I hope to succeed there as I had in Milan. Barcelona is a great team. But Barcelona has lived without Thiago Silva to today." Thiago Silva has admitted frustration in not joining Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans