Thiago Silva

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He plays absoloutely fine for his NT, i've seen many of his Brazil games. I've also watched him for Milan for 3+ years pretty much every game & alot of PSG as they are often shown on tv here. Labelling him "overrated" is pretty much like saying Messi is overrated, it's always been ridiculous.

Y

Youngie

I think Nesta has always been more talented than T Silva (when Silva was at Milan). However Silva at the moment is like a one-man army.

In the end T Silva made the wrong career over. He could've joined Barça and been world's #1 CB at the best club in the world.

I don't Silva's attitude however and feel he's mercenary...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He plays absoloutely fine for his NT, i've seen many of his Brazil games. I've also watched him for Milan for 3+ years pretty much every game & alot of PSG as they are often shown on tv here. Labelling him "overrated" is pretty much like saying Messi is overrated, it's always been ridiculous.

No one can be compared to Leo, that is ridiculous on it's own

Y

Youngie

Yep Olympics against u23 players and the best defender in the world couldn't lead his team from the back to the title, Brazil's defense looked crap.

Olympics are different. Look at the Spanish Olympics team with Jordi Alba, Isco, Mata, Muniain, Javi Martinez etc. Finished the tourney with no goals & 1 point.

spark

:facepalm: I was obviously referring to the complimentary partner part. Absolutely fine is not the same as his best in the world level. Watch the copa america and see any of Caceido or Haedo Valdez giving Brazil's defense fits.

The second goal = Life as a defender with Dani Alves on your side :lol:.

B

beautifulgame

I think Nesta has always been more talented than T Silva (when Silva was at Milan). However Silva at the moment is like a one-man army.

In the end T Silva made the wrong career over. He could've joined Barça and been world's #1 CB at the best club in the world.

I don't Silva's attitude however and feel he's mercenary...

Lol nesta was best defender of a generation. One of best ever. To say Silva is less than Nesta in defense doesn't mean Silva isn't top in the world now.

And Lolz.. By the way, quite pathetic and transparent all you big club fans that wanna question any players character that chooses a club other than your or another superpower. Lolz lame. He's a great character and a brilliant player, one barca would die to have right now both as a character and a player.

Y

Youngie

Lol nesta was best defender of a generation. One of best ever. To say Silva is less than Nesta in defense doesn't mean Silva isn't top in the world now.

I just said "Silva is top of the world now"...please read my posts ;)

Now that T Silva is out of Nesta's "shadow" he can be even better.

Stric

What's with overemphasizing his age? He's 28, not 45. He's at the peak of his career these days. He's got at least 3 more good season in him, probably a few more than that. Our main and best defender is 34, yet everyone says how Thiago Silva being 28 would not be a good fit for us. :lol: The price needs to be age-appropriate, but still, he's even got 2 more years to reach 30. And he's a defender. Defenders, especially CBs, have much longer expiration dates than other players. Silva could easily continue to be among the best for at least 4 more years if he doesn't get any bad injuries.

What's with overemphasizing his age? He's 28, not 45. He's at the peak of his career these days. He's got at least 3 more good season in him, probably a few more than that. Our main and best defender is 34, yet everyone says how Thiago Silva being 28 would not be a good fit for us. :lol: The price needs to be age-appropriate, but still, he's even got 2 more years to reach 30. And he's a defender. Defenders, especially CBs, have much longer expiration dates than other players. Silva could easily continue to be among the best for at least 4 more years if he doesn't get any bad injuries.

Age isn't the big one, though it is a factor, especially considering his price tag.
It's his injury proneness. The absolute last thing we need in a CB IMO.
Don't get me wrong though, besides those 2 things, he'd be perfect for us.

Home of Barca Fans