Thiago Silva

Co0ter

Pedro has been absolute crap the past two seasons, do you even watch Barcelona?

I wont say Sanchez is much better, but he definately has been better than Pedro. Pedro had a "good" season, then a great season....then two terrible seasons. He has never been a great player or added much to our play, he just pressed hard and scored a decent amount of goals. Now he's basically the same but hasn't scored goals for two seasons.

He deserves to be here, why? Because he's a La Masia player....? I don't really buy that. I'd take an in-form Pedro over what Sanchez has shown us over his time here, but the fact stands, he hasn't been in-form for two seasons.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Pedro hasn't been his best since 2010-11 season so I am in agreement with the statement above.

Shegzy

Again, I guarantee it will take AT LEAST 50 mil to get Silva from P$G. Come on guys, why on earth would they accept a paltry 30 mil and two of our rejects, one of which is injury prone?! You gotta give to get and he's not gonna come cheap.

I will repeat, 42 + Sanchez is a very fair deal for all parties involved. We will have to overpay for his market value bc they don't want to sell him, so we have to make an offer that is worth losing their arguably best player.

In this deal, they would recoup any losses they had from his purchase plus (unlike Bojan and Affelay) a player of actual value. That way they would have more than enough to get a replacement CB (a la Luiz) and they get a player who can actually be of use to them. Sanchez would do well there and that way they could play Pastore in his preferred #10 role instead of on the wing.

Particularly since we won't be missing Sanchez bc of this guy :neymar: it's a very fair deal. We need TS so we need to make them an offer they almost can't refuse bc it's more advantageous to them.

If we paid them outright, unless Silva forces a move through himself which still won't chance the price much, we will still have to spend 50 mil+ I guarantee it. This way, we have more for the GK move either this winter or next summer and then we get rid of a player who is superfluous.

You gotta give to get, folks.

u've forgotten football is a business and why pay 50+ for a 28 yrs that u can only get 4 good years from when u can sign marquinhos for 30m(and don't tell me he is young,inexperience and that he can flop cos every transfer is a gamble even ts is a gamble and what is the assurance that Ts won't have injury when we need him the most in those 4yrs)and kurt zouma and doria both for a combine 50m.i would prefer signing kurt zouma,doria,marquinhos for 50m over signing Ts for 50m+ and we can include sanchez in marquinhos deal or put sanchez on the market and we can loan doria and zouma out and we will bring them in when we sell masch next season.and would u have prefered spending neymar transfer fee on a 21yrs old neymar or 28yrs old neymar.marquinho will bring the same thing as Ts and he can even become better than him.our problem is that we only want big name and because of this we will fail to see the cheaper ones that will bring the same thing.last year we could have signed verthogen for 15m but because we want big name (Ts) he slipped through our fingers.more experienced,more expensive does not neccesary mean better.marquinhos should be our choice along with doria and zouma(both of them can play as left back ) and provide solidity abidal gave us that we missed so much this season. And sanchez is still worth at least 20m

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't waste your braincells guys, it is increasingly looking like mission impossible...

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 8h
Blanc (coach PSG): "I'm on the same line as the president [who said Th.Silva stays]. We're preparing an individual training program for him"

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 8h
Blanc (coach PSG): "I talked with Thiago Silva yesterday and I can tell you he feels like a PSG player, he asked about the coming season."

Shegzy

We should sell both pedro and sanchez because when sold/bojan,jeffren,nolito we were thinking or talking about work rate or la masia.work rate is just an excuse to cover up their lack of goals and it high time we cut our loss before their price falls greatly and if it is work rate that is keeping them in the we can buy a player for 1m that we have more work rate than them.and if work rate is that important than we sell messi and get a player with more work rate.

I

instinct

Don't waste your braincells guys, it is increasingly looking like mission impossible...

It's up to Barca because => Tonietto (agent Thiago Silva): "Barça is the best club in the world, how could we say no, we're not stupid... But it depends on PSG." [ser]

So Barca has to convince PSG in any possible way. I think TS would want to join because => Marinho Peres (ex-Barcelona): "If Thiago Silva wants to win the CL, he should join Barça. He should move as soon as possible." [la xarxa]

Jadentheman

Will never understand this sentiment. After all Pedro has done for us in the last 4 years, not to mention the selflessness he shows every time he plays, why would you rather sell him than a player who, with all due respect, has done very little in his time here?

In big games, Sanchez disappears while Pedro on the other hand rises to the occasion. Won't even mention the fact that he's a la masia grad too...

I think Pedro will have a much better return on goals this year since everybody will be focused on Neymar and Messi, giving him room to slip through unnoticed, like he's been doing for years.

Barcarole has no problems selling players that even impacted the club majorly in their last few season. If they are decking in form and simply suck for the team, it's goodbye

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

oz187

Not really works like that. If that was the case, CR will cost less than what he cost to Real Madrid and if he was going to leave, 100M+ will be needed.
CR improved as a player, hence why his value has increased. Thiago Silva was already known as the best CB and has simply maintained his level, so with his age now approaching 30 his market value has decreased. Of course it's up to PSG what price they would accept or not, they can value him at 100M if they want.

Jadentheman

However the situation is unique because PSG doesn't really need money since they are funded by a billionaire. They will probably want one of our players in the starting eleven. It could be Alexis or Alves

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

i_bleed_blaugrana

Pedro has been absolute crap the past two seasons, do you even watch Barcelona?

I wont say Sanchez is much better, but he definately has been better than Pedro. Pedro had a "good" season, then a great season....then two terrible seasons. He has never been a great player or added much to our play, he just pressed hard and scored a decent amount of goals. Now he's basically the same but hasn't scored goals for two seasons.

He deserves to be here, why? Because he's a La Masia player....? I don't really buy that. I'd take an in-form Pedro over what Sanchez has shown us over his time here, but the fact stands, he hasn't been in-form for two seasons.

No, I don't watch soccer at all, I just like to post all this shit on here just for shits and giggles...what does som i serem mean again? :pep:

Pedro has not been great for the last two seasons consistently, won't disagree with you on that and I was very frustrated with his lack of movement against Bayern but again, our entire team was shit against Bayern.

Pedro is an incredibly selfless player who is willing to do all the dirty work that Messi and I'm sure Neymar aren't fond of doing. Do not underestimate what his pressing does to teams. This is why I will always appreciate what he brings to table for us, as well as his passing ability and tactical nous. Its not easy to do what he does and he does a great job of doing the small things right that make a big impact on the overall system.

Can't see why you think Sanchez was better than Pedro this season, either. Anyone can score against the Valladolids and Betis's of La Liga, yet he was absolutely invisible in every knockout CL game this season while Pedro on the other hand, bailed our asses out with a fantastic strike to put us through against PSG.

Pedro's dip in form has everything to do with messidependencia, once Messi and Neymar start scoring left and right, I'm sure Pedro's tally will increase. Not to say Sanchez couldn't do that either, but as far as bargaining chips, Sanchez is a lot more desirable in a cash + player deal than Pedro and due to this and his failure to rise his game in the CL, I'd rather have Pedro than Sanchez long-term.

At least Pedro showed he can be a consistent scoring threat for two seasons while Sanchez has done that for maybe half a season (his first half of his debut season was decent, that goal against Madrid probably being the highlight of his career here so far)

i_bleed_blaugrana

u've forgotten football is a business and why pay 50+ for a 28 yrs that u can only get 4 good years from when u can sign marquinhos for 30m(and don't tell me he is young,inexperience and that he can flop cos every transfer is a gamble even ts is a gamble and what is the assurance that Ts won't have injury when we need him the most in those 4yrs)and kurt zouma and doria both for a combine 50m.i would prefer signing kurt zouma,doria,marquinhos for 50m over signing Ts for 50m+ and we can include sanchez in marquinhos deal or put sanchez on the market and we can loan doria and zouma out and we will bring them in when we sell masch next season.and would u have prefered spending neymar transfer fee on a 21yrs old neymar or 28yrs old neymar.marquinho will bring the same thing as Ts and he can even become better than him.our problem is that we only want big name and because of this we will fail to see the cheaper ones that will bring the same thing.last year we could have signed verthogen for 15m but because we want big name (Ts) he slipped through our fingers.more experienced,more expensive does not neccesary mean better.marquinhos should be our choice along with doria and zouma(both of them can play as left back ) and provide solidity abidal gave us that we missed so much this season. And sanchez is still worth at least 20m

I here ya, I am certainly not against us going for Marquinhos rather than TS bc of all the reasons you listed. He definitely could be very successful with us and I would be very happy with him coming, all honesty it will probably be a much easier transfer in the long run.

TS tho is still a safer bet bc he can have an impact on the team right now while Marquinhos's inexperience is a factor. However, that's not to say Marquinhos couldn't be our Varane (which I think he would be). My only fear is how Pique will do with him, as has been mentioned many a time, Pique apparently isn't capable of being a leader and an organizer and with Marquinhos' inexperience, Pique-Marquinhos might be pretty ugly at first. That's why I think Tito slightly prefers TS to Marquinhos.

However, I think Marquinhos has all the physical attributes and skill necessary to develop into a world-class CB for us, and with his age, he could be the rock of our defense for a very long time.

So I'd be happy with either 10-12 + Sanchez for Marquinhos or 35-40 + Sanchez for TS.

Home of Barca Fans