Thiago Silva

Stric

This entire theory of players costing less because they're X years older or have fewer years on their contract doesn't always apply. On the contrary, with such high-profile players, and at that age, it rarely ever applies. Thiago Silva will not be sold for less than they bought him for.

Shegzy

I think the initial bid of 32 was put in so they know exactly how much they want for him. Wise negotiating tactic so then they can counter-bid.

I think 42 mil + Alexis would be a fair deal.

The two Thiago's will make or break our summer IMO. If we have both by August, we will be looking mighty strong, with depth on all fronts. Imagine this starting xi:

VV;Dani,Silva,Piquè,Alba;Thiago,Busi,Iniesta;Pedro,Messi,Neymar...

Keeping Thiago is key tho, I'm not sold him to UTD is a done deal yet. Hope Xavi talked some sense into the kid...

42m+sanchez is not fair it is too much for a 28 yr old cb.we could get hummels and davidluiz/koscleiny/marquinhos for that price and because we need a cb so badly does mean we should spend 62m on Ts.even falcao, monaco spent 60m and he is younger and also a striker and goal scorers are the most expensive and i think signing only 1cb won't solve our problem.look at spain they have a better goalkeeper,better defence and italy and brazil which play like bayern were a problem for them. I think the problem is with our mildfield the same mildfield spain used.our mildfield is not as strong as it was because we keep on playing xavi every time.either than passing side ways or short passes xavi rarely contribute to attack or defense coupled with iniesta being an attacking mildfielder so the only mildfielder that contribute to defense is busi and busi is not that fast and rarely use his strength and because of all this factor teams can easily break through our mildfield and our full backs will mostly be in opposition half and so when this happen it is either we have the same number of player in our half as the opposition or the opposition are more so what i think is either use double pivot in a 4-4-2 to accomodate xavi or bench xavi in big matches to accomodate a moldfielder that is more mobile and stronger than xavi.the era of xavi been ever present in our mildfield is over and the earlier we realise the better for us. Signing Ts will not mean bayern or madrid will not defeat us but it mean it will not be as much as 7-0.put silva in that spain team to replace s.ramos and ask ur self that if silva was partnering pique and not ramos and v.valdes/reina was the keeper would spain win if the same thing that happen in that match happen.the answer is no. Buying silva alone will not solve our problem it will let us realize that the problem is mainly with our goalkeeper and mildfielder and full back and our general lack of height,strength and aerial ability than our cb. Whichever cb we buy our defence will still be weak if we play the same way we played this year with the same full backs,same mildfieler and with same low aerial ability but my hope will be for our forward to score more than our opponents

Newcomer

Two guys you don't even want, a fair deal ? While we have still hope Pastore and Moura will fulfill their supposedly potential, i don't see Affelay or Bojan anywhere but on the bench.
To speak about Moura, i hope it'll his year this next season, cuz af the Confederations Cup, he wasn't even substitute. And the sad part is i can understand why, because the other players bringed more in the pinch than him.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Again, I guarantee it will take AT LEAST 50 mil to get Silva from P$G. Come on guys, why on earth would they accept a paltry 30 mil and two of our rejects, one of which is injury prone?! You gotta give to get and he's not gonna come cheap.

I will repeat, 42 + Sanchez is a very fair deal for all parties involved. We will have to overpay for his market value bc they don't want to sell him, so we have to make an offer that is worth losing their arguably best player.

In this deal, they would recoup any losses they had from his purchase plus (unlike Bojan and Affelay) a player of actual value. That way they would have more than enough to get a replacement CB (a la Luiz) and they get a player who can actually be of use to them. Sanchez would do well there and that way they could play Pastore in his preferred #10 role instead of on the wing.

Particularly since we won't be missing Sanchez bc of this guy :neymar: it's a very fair deal. We need TS so we need to make them an offer they almost can't refuse bc it's more advantageous to them.

If we paid them outright, unless Silva forces a move through himself which still won't chance the price much, we will still have to spend 50 mil+ I guarantee it. This way, we have more for the GK move either this winter or next summer and then we get rid of a player who is superfluous.

You gotta give to get, folks.

Tomchin

I will repeat, 42 + Sanchez is a very fair deal for all parties involved
42 + Sanchez is simply madness. How much did we pay for Sanchez, 37M or so? Sure, his value maybe has decreased a little, but a young "Italian player of the year" like Sanchez surely is worth 30M. No way that Rosell is that stupid to pay 72M for Thiago Silva.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I would prefer we keep Sanchez and ship Pedro if the club had to choose.

Will never understand this sentiment. After all Pedro has done for us in the last 4 years, not to mention the selflessness he shows every time he plays, why would you rather sell him than a player who, with all due respect, has done very little in his time here?

In big games, Sanchez disappears while Pedro on the other hand rises to the occasion. Won't even mention the fact that he's a la masia grad too...

I think Pedro will have a much better return on goals this year since everybody will be focused on Neymar and Messi, giving him room to slip through unnoticed, like he's been doing for years.

Meitux

Will never understand this sentiment. After all Pedro has done for us in the last 4 years, not to mention the selflessness he shows every time he plays, why would you rather sell him than a player who, with all due respect, has done very little in his time here?

In big games, Sanchez disappears while Pedro on the other hand rises to the occasion. Won't even mention the fact that he's a la masia grad too...

I think Pedro will have a much better return on goals this year since everybody will be focused on Neymar and Messi, giving him room to slip through unnoticed, like he's been doing for years.
I think for some players past is an excuse,what really matters is now..If it was up to me i would sell them both.You just cant keep someone whos doing bad right now because of who he is or how he played in the past

i_bleed_blaugrana

42 + Sanchez is simply madness. How much did we pay for Sanchez, 37M or so? Sure, his value maybe has decreased a little, but a young "Italian player of the year" like Sanchez surely is worth 30M. No way that Rosell is that stupid to pay 72M for Thiago Silva.

Just bc we were dumb enough to overpay for him three years ago, that doesn't reflect his true market value. I'd say his value had decreased by more than just a little.

If that's the case, why were we considering offering 25 + Sanchez for Marquinhos? By your math, that's 50 mil for an unproven, young CB with no CL experience. Obviously, his value has dropped if we were willing to make that deal, so at least with my deal we get the best CB in the world, bar none.

Don't understand why I'm getting so much flack for this.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think for some players past is an excuse,what really matters is now..If it was up to me i would sell them both.You just cant keep someone whos doing bad right now because of who he is or how he played in the past

Here's a recent example:

With a player of Neymar's creativity, Pedro would have more opportunities to score. Again, Pedro rises up for the big games while Sanchez goes missing.

Home of Barca Fans