Thiago Silva

CatalinR10

Thiago Silva (PSG): "Do I want to play at Barça? Playing at Barcelona is a dream for every player, but at the moment I'm also happy at PSG."

Thiago Silva (PSG): "Last year there were talks with Barça but unfortunately it didn't go through. This year I didn't hear anything." [ge]

Thiago Silva (PSG): "I always tell my agent to only talk to me when there's something concrete. And he didn't yet talk to me, so..." [ge]

I

instinct

If he makes a transfer request, there will be a chance, so it's important that he really wants to join Barca.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Only way this seems possible now is if Thiago Silva himself pushes the sale through. I always take the statements from clubs saying "Player X is not for sale at any price" with a big grain if salt bc those kinds of statements happen all the time and then two weeks later the player is sold.

Since PSG have rejected our bid, it seems the ball is now in Thiago's court. He's gotta be willing to push this through if he wants to join, otherwise we should move on to Luiz or Marquinhos. Both will be easier deals to make, and they are also both younger and cheaper than TS.

B

beautifulgame

i dont believe there has been an official bid?

hence, Thiago's words that there hasn't been anything concrete for him to ponder.

If he makes a transfer request, there will be a chance, so it's important that he really wants to join Barca.

I don't think that's the case. I'm sure Bale would love to join Madrid, but I doubt he's willing to use the transfer request method. I feel the same sbout Silva. It seems Barca is waiting for him to request his transfer (lower price) and to demonstrate he wants to come. He does want to come but not at any price. Also, if he forces his way out, barca could probably ask him to lower his salary. Don't see it happening. Marquinhos is young and cheaper, he's also the Thiago Silva of the future, barca should go for him.

Last edited:

hence, Thiago's words that there hasn't been anything concrete for him to ponder.

They are waiting for him to make the move. Also, I believe barca has good relationships with PSG. I don't think they want to ruin that . Only Thiago can make this happen. He needs to tell PSG that he wants to leave. That way, not only will he be cheaper but also, barca wouldn't be blamed since they have not talked to the player this year.

Tomchin

I think there has been one, because PSG's president said today in an interview the following about Barca's 32M-bid: "no la valoramos porque ni la contemplamos. Ni nos vamos a sentar a negociar”.

If I understand it correctly, he says that they didn't even consider Barca's 32M-bid, because Thiago Silva simply is not for sale.

PaCmAn

I don't know why Barça are trying so hard going for Silva? Too expensive for a 29 year old, what if he gets injured when the team needs him most?

They should be looking into buying Marquinhos.

Tomchin

I don't know why Barça are trying so hard going for Silva? Too expensive for a 29 year old, what if he gets injured when the team needs him most?

They should be looking into buying Marquinhos.
Probably because Marquinhos is a risk (only 1 reason at top level), and not a guarantee for immediate success.

Home of Barca Fans