Thiago Silva

barcanuck

Well we realized we need a legit CB who is established. We have a project CB in Bartra to work with but need a star in the back line to fill Puyol and Abidal's former glow.

Stric

If we want to improve our defense RIGHT NOW, then we need to buy a defender who's at the top level right now. Guys like Marquinhos and Inigo Martinez would be good additions to the squad and would possibly grow to be great defenders in the future, and surely that's something Barca also needs to have in mind, but that's not the priority now. Right now we desperately need a top-level defender who we can rely on to make a significant improvement to our defense since day #1.

PaCmAn

If we want to improve our defense RIGHT NOW, then we need to buy a defender who's at the top level right now. Guys like Marquinhos and Inigo Martinez would be good additions to the squad and would possibly grow to be great defenders in the future, and surely that's something Barca also needs to have in mind, but that's not the priority now. Right now we desperately need a top-level defender who we can rely on to make a significant improvement to our defense since day #1.

I agree, but I don't see Thiago coming, unless He makes it clear he wants to go to Barça? PSG will make it hard.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
It looks like he will have to put in a transfer request to get this to work and I don't think he will do that.

Never say never, but I think we will end up with Marquinhos.

mixer

I don't know why Barça are trying so hard going for Silva? Too expensive for a 29 year old, what if he gets injured when the team needs him most?

They should be looking into buying Marquinhos.
Marquinhos is great but he won't solve our defensive problems! We need an experienced and proven defender not another decent youngster.

We are Barcelona. We need the best players, not the good ones.

Meitux

Yeah at this moment and having this big problem we need a proven defender,but when most options are unavailable what can we do?Really i think we have left with Marquinhos and propably Luiz...We may need to risk or at the end not have anyone which is the worst possible scenario

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Marquinhos is great but he won't solve our defensive problems! We need an experienced and proven defender not another decent youngster.

We are Barcelona. We need the best players, not the good ones.

But then we just sound like City, who buy good players every transfer window and sell their old ones. I know we're far from that, but with the philosophy that's how we'll end up.

Marquinhos is just as good as Varane ( maybe just needs to gain more body mass) and besides marqhinos, I can't think of any defender we could get. with thiago silva out of the picture, we should just concentrate on him. Will he solve all our defensive problems? of course not, but we would at least have a strong, fast, aggressive defender who can accompany Pique. Barca would have to just play more defensively next season. Also, while marquinhos continues to grow and develop, Bartra can go on loan and get playing time. In the near future, i'd hope we could sell pique and maybe not too long from now, our defense would be Marquinhos-Bartra.

Well surely there must be plenty defenders in Spain? Inigo Martinez to name a few.
Inigo Martinez will deff not be available... at least not this season. He was spoken time and time again about how he could never miss playing for RealSociedad next champions league. Plus, in my opinion, he's not that huge of an upgrade from bartra.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Al-Khelaifi (president PSG): "Thiago Silva is not for sale. No chance he'll leave, impossible. He'll stay until end of his contract" [sport]

Sheikh Tamim (emir Qatar, to Rosell): "Thiago Silva is not for sale, not for all the money in the world. If you give me 1000M, I'll say no."

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If that's the case, it's time for Barcelona to move on and try to get the Marquinhos deal done before we get sniped on him too.

Home of Barca Fans