Thiago Silva

Barcilliant

Luiz for sure. How can Marquinhos be worth 30 mil? He has had ONE season in serie A. Hardly an excuse to inflate his price. He is worth 20 mil max. Yet another Italian club taking us for a joyride !

mixer

Barcelona is not in a hurry to try to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28). The club first wants to sell some players. [marca]

Meitux

Barcelona is not in a hurry to try to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28). The club first wants to sell some players. [marca]
Ffs we must get over him,we will have noone left to buy if we only persuit him with without any chance...

i_bleed_blaugrana

It seems as if we are willing to play the long game and try and wait out PSG and see how strong their resolve is. It seems as if Tito really wants TS due to him being able to lead Piqué. I understand that mentality and it makes sense, out of all CBs we have been linked to, Silva-Piqué is the safest and most reliable.

This is going to be very messy tho, and might really piss PSG off. Only possible way we get him this season is if its late in the window. Very risky proposition bc if we don't get him, it will most likely be too late to get anyone else and then we make a hasty last minute signing (a la Arsenal 2011).

Would love Marquinhos but he is risky as well and this requires Piqué to be the leader, something I think everyone is rather skeptical about. At least for the first year.

This is why Luiz almost seems like the best fit for what we need right now. He is younger, cheaper and a much more plausible transfer than TS yet also has that top-level experience that Marquinhos lacks. The guy has been steadily improving his defensive game over the last year and has the flair and technique necessary that meshs well with our philosophy. Plus if he can keep hitting screamers from 30 yards out consistently, it would add an unpredictable aspect to our offense (a la Koeman).

If Mou really isn't sold on him, the fee from his move could help them in the Cavani sweepstakes, so unlike PSG, they have more of an incentive to sell. Maybe we'd see Mou make a move to reunite with thug life Pepe.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Just a thought on Marquinhos...

Puyol and Masch are still very capable CBs. While not 100% rock solid, either of them paired with Piqué would at least get the job done against top teams as long as our offense improves. This would make Marquinhos development a lot easier bc we can let him get mins in La Liga and let him get some rhythm and consistency while not having to take the risk of him being exposed in the big games. Like we should be doing with Xavi, only start Puyol for the big games and let Masc, Marquinhos and Bartra rotate with Piqué for the low pressure La Liga and CdR games.

In other words, either three of them could strengthen our defense to allow us more rotation.

Meitux

Just a word,from the moment Pique doesnt have anyone to be competitive for his position..he wont be reliable and safe

Duke

I'm getting harassment private messages from this frenchie "Newcomer", despite telling him not to PM me and just right anything here on this thread. How to block him or how to complain about this angry French who only created his account to say TS is not for sale!!

Galning

I'm getting harassment private messages from this frenchie "Newcomer", despite telling him not to PM me and just right anything here on this thread. How to block him or how to complain about this angry French who only created his account to say TS is not for sale!!

If you go to his profile there's a "block user" option.

Duke

Al-Khelaifi (president PSG): "Thiago Silva is not for sale. No chance he'll leave, impossible. He'll stay until end of his contract" [sport]

Sheikh Tamim (emir Qatar, to Rosell): "Thiago Silva is not for sale, not for all the money in the world. If you give me 1000M, I'll say no."

lol if we believe Sheikh Tamim himself said any of this! Bring me a source!

Also this president of PSG said the same thing about Carlo Ancelotti! If TS wants to move no one can stop him, he was actually forced to move to PSG!
This is what TS said last summer:

“My transfer to Paris was not a decision taken by me – that’s 100 per cent certain – after all, I had just extended my contract. People who understand about football know how things went and it was a complicated matter for me. It was my desire, and that of my family, to not leave Milan."

“I’m not going to PSG to earn more money. I’m not a mercenary."

Home of Barca Fans