Thiago Translantara

JamDav1982

Premier League is vastly overrated here, it is a good league but nothing special and certainly isn't 3 classes above the Bundesliga. Paco is a good player who went on a good run but didn't last in the long term and Dortmund got rid of him. Bundesliga is a very physical league as well, arguably more so than the Premier League.

Thiago's problem is that his style is the opposite of Liverpool's and it hasn't clicked so far, it has nothing to do with the Premier League or the Bundesliga. He would excel at Man City just like he did at Bayern, he chose the wrong club.

The way City are playing this season I doubt there is a place for Thiago to excel in.

Not even sure Pep was in for him either.

Yannik

Makes you wonder why they always 4/4 or 3/4 make it out of their CL groups with how awful they actually are.

ebc_99

The way City are playing this season I doubt there is a place for Thiago to excel in.

Not even sure Pep was in for him either.

You are right, he would struggle to get in the team right now but his style suits them really well I think, he struggled to get in the Bayern team too with a fully fit squad.

I don't know why so many people have a hate boner for the Bundesliga, it has the most consistently entertaining games imo, and is a really strong league, probably not on par with the Premier League or La Liga but not far off either. Obviously, people can't spend all their free time watching football but I would recommend giving it a shot as it can offer up really exciting games, I only started watching it 2018 and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

vegitot

PL is better. Havert and Werner were beast in Bundesliga and now they are cat in PL. Just first season though Werner said he was shocked because of the pace and intensity of PL.

Windhook

this. quality of football has dropped tremendously. so many legends have retired and now we have a bunch of instagram players who are good one game and shit the next

Glad we didn't have social media back when Messi was breaking through the ranks. There was just Myspace.

JamDav1982

Right now I'm watching Crystal Palace - Burnley and the only difference with a SD Huesca game is that there is no sunshine.

Try to name any decent la liga players that top clubs would be after out of the top 4/5 and will be struggling.

Compare quality in EPL to same teams and it is night and day with the players can list.

vegitot

Try to name ant decent la liga players that top clubs would be after out of the top 4/5 and will be struggling.

Compare quality in EPL to same teams and it is night and day with the players can list.

Doesn't mean they are better. Man Utd is in Top 4 and they could not get past UCL group stage.

JamDav1982

Doesn't mean they are better. Man Utd is in Top 4 and they could not get past UCL group stage.

Neither does being better gtee to come out of CL group neither does that compare quality in the rest of league.

Lets see what teams do better in Europe. That compares the top sides but for remainder of league the difference in players in clear.

Yannik

CL groups so trash, no wonder shitty BuLi teams progress all the time. At the same time the 2nd placed teams in England and Italy play the exact same trash instagramer groups and can't cope. :rolleyes:

grp1.png

grp2.png

BBZ8800

A lot of people thought that Thiago will improve Liverpool immensely.

I have never been a huge fan of Thiago, but still, there is an unwritten rule in football: "don't change the winning team".

Current players have their chemistry and automatic type of actions and movement.
A weaker player on paper who knows the system is often better than the new guy who looks way better on paper.

About Thiago, I still think that our fans overrated him a lot.
At Barca he was meh.
In the NT team he is meh.
At Liverpool he is bad.
He played well only at Bayern, but a lot of Bayern's players look like monsters at Bayern and meh outside of Bayern, just like Atletico's players.

Imo, Liverpool was better with workhorses midfielders from last season that with Thiago.

Also, he looks way more suitable for Barca's type of football than for Liverpool's faster game.

Home of Barca Fans