Thiago Translantara

vegitot

A lot of people thought that Thiago will improve Liverpool immensely.

I have never been a huge fan of Thiago, but still, there is an unwritten rule in football: "don't change the winning team".

Current players have their chemistry and automatic type of actions and movement.
A weaker player on paper who knows the system is often better than the new guy who looks way better on paper.

About Thiago, I still think that our fans overrated him a lot.
At Barca he was meh.
In the NT team he is meh.
At Liverpool he is bad.
He played well only at Bayern, but a lot of Bayern's players look like monsters at Bayern and meh outside of Bayern, just like Atletico's players.

Imo, Liverpool was better with workhorses midfielders from last season that with Thiago.

Also, he looks way more suitable for Barca's type of football than for Liverpool's faster game.

He still plays well but not really in recent matches. Liverpool hits a bad form and Thiago is not a man to fix it. He is not a talisman, not a game changer. He is still a great midfielder but not someone that can carry the team by himself.

Still, Thiago is the last great talent from Masia. You can look back at Masia now and feel the difference.

Xaviniesta

yeah then they bottled against the same Leipzig when it mattered.

utd almost went through on poor form. they were the better team that day but leipzig's GK had an amazing game. utd just fucked up against the turkish team and it cost them.
both glabdach and leipzig could have easily been knocked out from the cl since they had to wait till matchday 6. just because they qualified doesn't mean they are that good. utd would smash them again if they wanted to

fergus90

Thiago hasn't had the most fluent of starts but Liverpool have been in a bit of turmoil this season with injuries. To be honest they went off the boil since they wrapped the league up. I think some of the motivation has drained and also I guess there was the disappointment of not being able to celebrate their first league title in 30 years at a packed Anfield. They were robbed of a special occasion there and all that hard work turned into a bit of a non-event.

I do agree with Vegitot though in regards to Thiago's talent, I don't think we've come close to producing anyone with his natural ability since he's left.

Laplacian

United also have a below average coach that famously bottles against PL sides as well. "But but United..." is a weak argument, United has always been shit. Barely got into the top 4 last year. In this "weird season" I wouldn't take the top 4 seriously, with the same points total United would have been battling for top 4 instead of top 2 in any other season.

No sense arguing over this. Even your Bundesliga players and managers say PL's a tougher league.

Last edited:

Alik

A lot of people thought that Thiago will improve Liverpool immensely.

I have never been a huge fan of Thiago, but still, there is an unwritten rule in football: "don't change the winning team".

Current players have their chemistry and automatic type of actions and movement.
A weaker player on paper who knows the system is often better than the new guy who looks way better on paper.

About Thiago, I still think that our fans overrated him a lot.
At Barca he was meh.
In the NT team he is meh.
At Liverpool he is bad.
He played well only at Bayern, but a lot of Bayern's players look like monsters at Bayern and meh outside of Bayern, just like Atletico's players.

Imo, Liverpool was better with workhorses midfielders from last season that with Thiago.

Also, he looks way more suitable for Barca's type of football than for Liverpool's faster game.

:lol:

Yannik

utd almost went through on poor form. they were the better team that day but leipzig's GK had an amazing game. utd just fucked up against the turkish team and it cost them.
both glabdach and leipzig could have easily been knocked out from the cl since they had to wait till matchday 6. just because they qualified doesn't mean they are that good. utd would smash them again if they wanted to

Damn right were they the better team that day. That's why they were 3-0 down and outplayed after 80th mins until the ref gifted them a penalty that should've been a offense foul and brought them back into the game? Then another goal that was probably handball.

"utd would smash them again if they wanted to"

Well why fucking didn't they then lol? The absolute mental gymnastics..

Last edited:

ebc_99

United also have a below average coach that famously bottles against PL sides as well. "But but United..." is a weak argument, United has always been shit. Barely got into the top 4 last year. In this "weird season" I wouldn't take the top 4 seriously, with the same points total United would have been battling for top 4 instead of top 2 in any other season.

No sense arguing over this. Even your Bundesliga players and managers say PL's a tougher league.

Players tell the media what they want to hear, it makes life easier for them so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

So United wanted to play in the Europa League then? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans