Thiago Translantara

fibetribe

They have played together

For those who don't know spanish, according to Sport.es, in June 2006, when Balotelli was 16 years old, he had a trial with Barcelona that came very close to becoming a permanent deal. He played three matches with the Barca B Cadet team, scoring eight goals and wowing coaches, who gave the thumbs up to sign him, Sport says. But, even then things weren't easy when dealing with Mario.
His agent demanded more money than Barca were willing to pay ("far from the average figure for a player of his age"), so they ended up passing and Inter stepped in to meet Mario's demands -- an investment that proved to be worth it when Man City paid €30 million for him just four years later.

USWAY

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ent-of-barcelona-victory-in-supercopa?cc=5901

Thiago confident of Supercopa glory
August 12, 2011
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Barcelona youngster Thiago Alcantara believes Barcelona are in "pole position" to win their third trophy of 2011 by beating rivals Real Madrid in the Spanish Supercopa.
Primera Division champions Barcelona take on Copa del Rey winners Real Madrid this Sunday in the first leg of Spanish football's traditional curtain raiser.

The first clash between the arch-rivals, who met five times last season, will be played at the Bernabeu, with the second leg at Camp Nou three days later.

Real only beat the Catalans once in 2010-11 - a 1-0 victory in the Copa del Rey final - and Thiago, whose influential displays at the European Under-21 Championship in June were rewarded with a senior debut for Spain earlier this week, believes Barca are favourites to beat Los Blancos again.

"It's quite simple: I think that Barcelona will win the trophy," Thiago told Sport. When you master all defensive and offensive aspects of the game and always enjoy the majority of possession, you're sitting in pole position to win.

"We realise that our hard work and typical style of play have led to a lot of success and will continue to play like this. Real Madrid are our biggest rivals and you never want to lose against them. That's the case now, too."

Jose Mourinho has brought several new faces to Real over the summer, with Fabio Coentrao, Raphael Varane, Nuri Sahin, Hamit Altintop and Jose Maria Callejon all arriving at the Bernabeu as the club looks to topple Barca at home and abroad.

The Catalans have been quieter in the transfer market, with Alexis Sanchez their only signing so far, though Cesc Fabregas will likely be added before the season starts.

Barcelona beat Sevilla 5-3 on aggregate in last year's Spanish Supercopa and have won the trophy a record nine times.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
alaska-fishing.jpg

zanela

Why assign him #4 in pre-season when someone else had a divine right to it? The predicted #11 was available all along, is it not? Whether it was one of club's tactics to get Cesc acting on the transfer or just a random thing, its disrespectful to T. The number it's significance, the impending arrival of Cesc - his competition for a midfield berth and the club decides to play with it. Now it may be of li'l significance to you and me but its not hard to imagine for the player be disappointed on how it was was planned out.

Thanks for Thiago#4. Brilliant teaser it was. :(

Personally, not happy with #11. The last canterano who wore it was the mighty Bojan. How Encouraging!

I'd rather he wore #19 (did for U-21s). Besides, the 30 to 19 would be Leo-like..:)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Why assign him #4 in pre-season when someone else had a divine right to it? The predicted #11 was available all along, is it not? Whether it was one of club's tactics to get Cesc acting on the transfer or just a random thing, its disrespectful to T. The number it's significance, the impending arrival of Cesc - his competition for a midfield berth and the club decides to play with it. Now it may be of li'l significance to you and me but its not hard to imagine for the player be disappointed on how it was was planned out.

Thanks for Thiago#4. Brilliant teaser it was. :(

Personally, not happy with #11. The last canterano who wore it was the mighty Bojan. How Encouraging!

I'd rather he wore #19 (did for U-21s). Besides, the 30 to 19 would be Leo-like..:)

uh...

1. the club had no #4 going into pre-season, whereas Jeffren was in possession of the #11. Thiago chose #4 because it was free & it seems to be his favoured number.
2. Jeffren left the club midway through the US tour, Thiago had already been allocated #4 for the tour, so continued to wear it.
3. Thiago hasn't played a game since the US tour, and now that Cesc has arrived, he's been allocated the #4. so Thiago has supposedly chosen the now vacant #11 to be his shirt number. I'm glad, because after the Euros he can make it his for club & country.

there was no conspiracy. he took the #4 because it was free. now it's not. so he's taken #11.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yes I know if anyone in Barcelona history is associated with that number it's that man, but Pep is a mythical creature, so he doesn't count.

Home of Barca Fans