Thiago Translantara

Yugi

1. Goetze
2. Thiago
3. Wilshere
4. Hazard/Eriksen
would be for me after last season
but seeing how thiago led spain u21 to victory on euro and how he is playing huge part in barcelona this year I would say he will top it

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was knackered this weekend. had a very average game.

not ready for playing twice a week at the very top level, it seems. but he's only 20, so that'll come with time.

M

mitkoa7x

Thiago became world champion with Spain and his game has improved ten fold since last season. I think he should win it, with that cunt Wilshere getting 5th :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Love how you couldn't just flat out say Thiago>Xavi so you had to sweeten the deal a bit and add Iniesta.
Fuck off :)

No why would I fuck off!? It's you who didn't understand the logic behind my post. You obviously just looked at it in a mathematician's perspective! I was sure of this too though, I knew there would be people like you who'd think of the post the same way as you did

Yugi

thiago and xavi are very alike, thats why it is not like thiago and iniesta
same happenes with cesc and xavi or cesc and thiago together, but thats just when cesc is playim as CM
iniesta is the only dynamic midfielder in our team and theres noone like him in the world too, zidane and laudrup in past were similiar

jamrock

Xavi and Thiago should be the perfect replacement for Xavi Iniesta, but at this point in time,

1) Xavi is too big a presence when on the pitch, so thiago differs to him and does so too often
2) thiago is trying to show pep he can fit in the system, so unless he is told to go out and play his natural game, which is very much likes iniesta's, he plays within the system and keeps his passing short and simple, which is basically what xavi is doing, so in leaves us without someone who is making runs from midfield

All of cesc,iniesta,keita and thiago can play with xavi, because their natural game is sufficiently different from his to bring balance in the midfield, its when they toe the company line that things become difficult

zanela

Xavi and Thiago should be the perfect replacement for Xavi Iniesta, but at this point in time,

1) Xavi is too big a presence when on the pitch, so thiago differs to him and does so too often
2)thiago is trying to show pep he can fit in the system, so unless he is told to go out and play his natural game, which is very much likes iniesta's, he plays within the system and keeps his passing short and simple, which is basically what xavi is doing, so in leaves us without someone who is making runs from midfield

Only Jam, myself, CD and Plip understand the boy's natural profile, which is that of a dynamic midfielder and anybody who disputes that haven't watched him enough.
He's closer to Iniesta than he is to Xavi, but because of his versatility and recent brilliance in the withdrawn role, people tend to mistake him to be a deep-lying playmaker. Jam's highlighted point explains y Xavi-thiago hasn't worked as well as we'd like. Although Thiago played more of a forward at san siro, he also combined with Xavi in the build-up and looked good. The Getafe game was a disappointment for a lot of our players, and got nothing to do with Xavi-Thiago chemistry. Trying to confine Thiago would be taking half his talents away, and i hope for his and barca's sake, he's played in his rightful position - AM.

B

barcelonista

Only Jam, myself, CD and Plip understand the boy's natural profile, which is that of a dynamic midfielder and anybody who disputes that haven't watched him enough.
He's closer to Iniesta than he is to Xavi, but because of his versatility and recent brilliance in the withdrawn role, people tend to mistake him to be a deep-lying playmaker. Jam's highlighted point explains y Xavi-thiago hasn't worked as well as we'd like. Although Thiago played more of a forward at san siro, he also combined with Xavi in the build-up and looked good. The Getafe game was a disappointment for a lot of our players, and got nothing to do with Xavi-Thiago chemistry. Trying to confine Thiago would be taking half his talents away, and i hope for his and barca's sake, he's played in his rightful position - AM.

Sorry, but you're wrong. People tend to say he's an attacking midfielder / Iniesta type of player only because he has that Brazilian swagger and can dribble, beat his man and do some flashy tricks on the ball. His natural game is not AM though and he's more of a Xavi than Iniesta. Even his national team coach says so. And he should know best: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/luis-millathiago-is-more-of-a-xavi-than-an-iniesta/

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
from that article...

Regarding the placement of Bojan Krkic as a substitute in the tournament, Milla said, ”he was a great player in the squad, yet he was concerned and distracted about his future. This along with his arrival a bit not into the rhythm of competition, resulted in less minutes played”

seriously Bojan!! You missed the Euros saying the same. And now even for the U21 Euros!? :facepalm:

the kid is surely having some huge confidence issues

Home of Barca Fans