Thiago Translantara

ammarfcb

ze special one
brazilians touch/ italian dicipline / spanish vision / catalan school

and a heart of a lion.

tumblr_lmfh6v4BTh1qe2ju5.gif

B

barcelonista

I especially like how Pep eases him into the team. At age 20 he's getting so much play time and still nothing that exceeds his level. Looks like a veteran already. Thiago playing CL K.O. stage football. :hooray:

SwiftGuyver

he looked great tonight, very mature and composed, i can't wait to see how he develops in the next 2-3 years...

i don't think we will ever be able to replace Xavi but it looks like this kid is going to give it a good go!

DucdeOrléans

he looked great tonight, very mature and composed, i can't wait to see how he develops in the next 2-3 years...

i don't think we will ever be able to replace Xavi but it looks like this kid is going to give it a good go!

I know some might regard this as apostasy but I doubt that Xavi was as good when he was 20 years old as Thiago is right now. Of course this does not mean that Thiago will ultimately become a better player but he surely has had a very impressive start.

It's really scary that his younger brother, Rafinha, is even a better prospect.

SwiftGuyver

It's really scary that his younger brother, Rafinha, is even a better prospect.

haha, yeah man, the future is bright...

Montoya......Bartra.........Pique......Grimaldo
...................Busquets/Romeu..................
.......Thiago/Samper......Cesc/Rafinha.........
Alexis/Cuenca....Messi/Dongou....Tello/Pedro

DucdeOrléans

haha, yeah man, the future is bright...

Montoya......Bartra.........Pique......Grimaldo
...................Busquets/Romeu..................
.......Thiago/Samper......Cesc/Rafinha.........
Alexis/Cuenca....Messi/Dongou....Tello/Pedro

Not so sure that all of these players will make it but yes the future surely looks bright.

I mean Cuenca and Tello (although both being talented) came out of nowhere (much like Busquets and Pedro) while much more hyped talents such as GDS, Assulin (is he still alive:lol:), Crosas failed the real test. I have my doubts with Fontás and Muniesa as well.

From what I have seen in the B-team the brightest talents are Rafinha, Deulofeu and Grimaldo.

DucdeOrléans

i think Montoya, Rafinha, Samper & Grimaldo all have a great chance of making it at Barca...

Indeed (forgot to include Montoya; he looks like a real prospect as well). Talking about Montoya I would like him to get regular playing time. He is already too good to feature in the Liga Adelante. A loan move would have been good for him this January to a club like Villarreal or Betis for example.

Add Dongou to that list as well.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Ducde: I never saw Marc Crosas as anything special. He had a few glimpses here and there, but that was pretty much it. His career hasn't been much progressing either as he's been to Russia and Mexico within the span of few years.

GDS and Assaulin are more of Iago Falqué-type promises that failed one way or the other to stay at the club.

What comes to Fontás, he's definitely too slow and not that quick with his feet. Don't really see him staying here for too long. Muniesa's case is a bit different as his progress has been stalled by niggling injuries over the past few years. I still think that if he'll manage to remain healthy for a few good seasons he might turn out to be useful at the LB.

Oh, and Thiago looked quite good tonight. It's always a joy watching him play and I believe he can prove quite a valuable asset in 2 year's time.

SwiftGuyver

Indeed (forgot to include Montoya; he looks like a real prospect as well). Talking about Montoya I would like him to get regular playing time. He is already too good to feature in the Liga Adelante. A loan move would have been good for him this January to a club like Villarreal or Betis for example.

Add Dongou to that list as well.

Montoya is being promoted to the first team this summer along with Bartra, Muniesa & dos Santos...

yeah man Dongou looks like a beast...

DucdeOrléans

Ducde: I never saw Marc Crosas as anything special. He had a few glimpses here and there, but that was pretty much it. His career hasn't been much progressing either as he's been to Russia and Mexico within the span of few years.

GDS and Assaulin are more of Iago Falqué-type promises that failed one way or the other to stay at the club.

What comes to Fontás, he's definitely too slow and not that quick with his feet. Don't really see him staying here for too long. Muniesa's case is a bit different as his progress has been stalled by niggling injuries over the past few years. I still think that if he'll manage to remain healthy for a few good seasons he might turn out to be useful at the LB.

Oh, and Thiago looked quite good tonight. It's always a joy watching him play and I believe he can prove quite a valuable asset in 2 year's time.

Yes, my fault. Crosas was not as big a prospect as Víctor Vázquez (who failed as well) but nevertheless an example of a promising player that failed miserably. Iago Falqué is another good example of what hype can do. Yes he did have a successful loan spell at Villarreal B but that was about it since he failed in Italia.

Muniesa will probably be useful backup in the mould of Adriano/Maxwell but other than that I don't expect him to reach the same heights as some predicted before all his injuries started to occur regularly. Still remember his debut against Osasuna the day we won the league in Pep's first season and the red card he got in that game.

Here now 3 years after he has only appeared once since that sending off (In the CL this season against Bate Borisov)

SwiftGuyver:

I know that. Don't know if there will be room for them all but I hope they will be able to prove themselves, especially Montoya and Bartra.

Home of Barca Fans