Thiago Translantara

Yugi

Yup, he is amazing and this Clasico proved his class
if he keeps it up for next few years, Ballon D´Or will come

karthik

Yup, he is amazing and this Clasico proved his class
if he keeps it up for next few years, Ballon D´Or will come

Thiago is good and even if he helps Barcelona win bucket loads of trophies, the Ballon D' Or would be a huge question mark for any deep lying midfielder :xavi:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
20 years old and tailor made for big matches...what a boy! bar a few stressful moments, he was schooling midfielders and defenders much older than him.amazing, amazing player! very very proud of his performance last night. Can't wait to see how he develops in to the beast he will be. This kid.means.business.

zanela

It took him some time to get in to his groove, but when he did, he was brilliant. He lost the ball a few times in the first half, but he gave a good account of himself in the remainder. He was our creator, ball carrier, and defender. All rolled in to one.

Even statistically, he was our Best Attacker and Best defender. (check them up if you don't believe me :cool:)

And those saying he "lost lots of balls" "kept misplacing simplest of passes". here's something for you..

Total Passes: 103 (highest in the team)
Passing Accuracy: 90%
Dispossesed: 1
Turnovers: 1

So yeh, your assessment of the player is not born out of facts, but bitterness (for not having your fav player playing instead), or you need to re-watch the match.

Motm easily,

And its not just here, but when he's receiving positive reviews by neutral fans on other football boards, he must 've not been that "terrible".

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
How is Man of the Match when he was on the losing side and contributed no goals or assists? If you meant best player on Barcelona, then that would perhaps be Busquets, who was just flawless all game long. Followed by Messi who did his job failed by his peers, then Thiago.

BerkeleyBernie

How is Man of the Match when he was on the losing side and contributed no goals or assists? If you meant best player on Barcelona, then that would perhaps be Busquets, who was just flawless all game long. Followed by Messi who did his job failed by his peers, then Thiago.

Busi, really? He seemed to me one of the Barça players most prone to misjudge Madrid that game. Zanela, where did you find your stats?

E

estranged

Personally I thought he could have been better, I really don't see why hes getting so much praise for last nights performance, guess people are touched to see a 20 year old canterano run the midfield in a clasico. He was totally lost in the first half and gave away possession quite cheaply a few times, he improved a lot more in the second half and played some majestic Xavi-esque passes (though you don't see Xavi executing those passes these days :( )....Thiago blew hot and cold as he so often does. No doubt about his talent and no doubt that he will be our new Xavi some time in the future but he really needs to become more disciplined (too overconfident) and work a bit harder, a couple of times he did really well to work the ball out of midfield to attack but then as soon as he executed his pass forward he refused to join the attack which meant we were outnumbered whenever Messi, Iniesta and Tello ran toward the Madrid box. Also when he was dispossessed by Ozil in front of our 18 yard box and then tried to get the ball back by a half assed challenge I was really annoyed. As for Barca's MOTM, Messi and Alexis for me.

zanela

Who says only players from a winning team can be the motm?

He was the most involved, active and clinical player on both sides of the pitch. He's is motm for the roles he assumed over the course of the match. With Busi playing so deep and acting as a third defender, it was Thiago making the transition from midfield to attack esp after Xavi's departure. He put in a solid shift, defense wise, intercepting and clearing more balls than anyone in midfield, including Busi. He facilitated ball circulation, but also helped create by putting in a brilliant through ball to Tello which wasn't capitalised on (ergo no assist - not his fault). Whilst Busi and Messi had defined roles (and didn't do much else outside of it), Thiago took on more responsibilities as the match wore on. Without his leadership in the middle and with our seniors not being at their best, we'd go on to lose our MF domination as well.

Busi, really? He seemed to me one of the Barça players most prone to misjudge Madrid that game. Zanela, where did you find your stats?

Here

Chainsaw

Killahead
Busquets FLAWLESS??!! WTH!!!
dino.png

BarcaGirl

hu23jo.gif

What a boss! I have always thought highly of him and after this particular moment my respect for him just went through the roof. Well done boy, sticking it to Pepe and telling him to shut up right to his face. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans