Thiago Translantara

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

whoa imagine how good he can be in 2-3 year if he play on a regual basis... he can reach iniesta level with his skill and technique

Hold your horses :) It´s too early to predict such things. Iniesta is 28. Still many years to please us :)

Vapor

True but he can go past people easily plus there's a bit of Xavi in there , I reckon he's going to be a very special part of our side in the coming years ...
Oh yea. He's just a beast. Definitely has dribbling skills of his own, great vision, excellent passing, confidence/swagger in abundance. He'll be a huge part of our midfield along with Cesc in the years to come, I feel.

barcanuck

Thiago when confident is world class, however I see his faults are exposed after a big mistake and it affects his game. This he will learn to conquer from Messi, Iniesta and Xavi no doubt. We saw the same issues with Busquets when he started he would be rattled by mistakes. Once this guy gets confident the sky is the limit as in my books he's a better shooter than both Xavi and Iniesta.

Galning

Funny how last year some people used Thiago as an argument for not buying Cesc. They were afraid he wouldn't have enough playing time.
Seems like the club took the right decision anyway and that there's room for both :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His pass (assist?) almost cost us 2-0 in Granada. Still too green to fill Xavi's boots but hopefully in time he'll cut down his sloppy first touch passes and pick up more things from the Maestro.

Zincubus

Banned
His pass (assist?) almost cost us 2-0 in Granada. Still too green to fill Xavi's boots but hopefully in time he'll cut down his sloppy first touch passes and pick up more things from the Maestro.

I actually hunk he was just unlucky , that "pass" seemed to clip the heels of someone and made it look worse than it was .

MagIX

+1

Not even close to Xavi or Iniesta, still far away.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Great performance, a joy to watch, people can focus on that mistake all they like, I think we should focus on the good things that he did tonight, he will only get better and better and I have no doubt that he can be one of the best midfielders in the world soon, the coaching staff clearly have a lot of faith in him.

Great performance, a joy to watch, people can focus on that mistake all they like, I think we should focus on the good things that he did tonight, he will only get better and better and I have no doubt that he can be one of the best midfielders in the world soon, the coaching staff clearly have a lot of faith in him.

This. He's no Xavi or Iniesta yet, but he's bound to make a few mistakes at his age. He'll get there though. He should have be a more than capable replacement when Xavi retires (and it seems to me that he has it in him to play regularly for another season or 2).

Mr Hulot

Ok, he made a horrendous mistake. Other than that he was quite incredible. Some of his passes and dribbles from tonight's game should be held in Barcelona's museum.
He, Iniesta, Busquets and Xavi are everything I love about football.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't blame him for the mistake as much as I do Mascherano. He was walking around and not paying attention so he didn't know the pass was coming to him and therefore he let it go. Rule number 1 as a Barcelona player is always stay alert because you could be involved in the play at any point. Thiago's pass was slightly misplaced but Masch easily could have gotten to it had he been on his toes and expecting it.

Stric

I was watching the game and thinking about Xavi being absent with injury, him eventually having to retire, and how all Cules cringe at the thought of this happening... and the only thing I could think of is how incredibly lucky we are to have a great young player like Thiago who's only going to improve over the years. Then Cesc, and Iniesta is still not even 30... We're all set. Have no fear.

karthik

Apart from the one mistake that he did, he was excellent. His touch/assist to Leo Messi could have been a beauty to behold hadn't Tonyo made that wonderful save. In the second half, he initiated a wonderful counter which Alexis fluffed after which Granada scored. His energy level was appreciable.

A player like Sergio himself has made his string of mistakes too.

Home of Barca Fans