Thiago Translantara

Y

Youngie

It doens't? I think it sures helps a lot. Ball control and technique are a vital part of being in control of a game and keeping possession, which contributes to winning games as Barcelona have been showing for a while.

Then what does? Every football skill is relevant (and ball control is obviously one of the most important).

Goals win you games and assists make the goals. "Ball control & technique" are nice if you want to show off.

Cesc didn't play at Barcelona at that time.

Right. During his years at Arsenal he was perhaps #1 mid in Europe (esp if you take his goals & assists stats into consideration)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
lol whole premise faulty.

players don't peak at 22, more like 26-30, or to 31 or 32 even.

your mistaking physical peak which is early twenties with football player peak. i am assuming either your too focused on this current era of football or you have no other experience of football. reason being that is an idea that is becoming common among fans nowadays even though it is untrue. \

with all that said, thiago needs to learn to stop doing dumb shit in the middle of the field everything else is fine at this point.

Except for one reason or another, others at the same age are much better. Be it they get to play more or whatever, he hasn't impressed as much as he flashed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Nah. Think of Gerd Müller for instance. On the other hand Romário had great technique but it's not a requirement to score.

Well Thiago doesn't play the same style or position as Gerd Muller does he? To score as a midfielder it requires the ability to get available, play into space, and control a pass or dribble past a defender. To assist as a midfielder you need to have great vision and technique to play a perfect pass that not only finds it's target but evades defenders in the process, while creating space for the attack. Technique and ball control are vital for this. Unless you think that everything Thiago, Xavi, or Iniesta does is useless?

BarcaJack

Pointless passes IMO. At least nowadays rather than in the "heyday" of tiki-taka
"Pointless passes" from Xavi helped us beat Milan, not "goals and assists" from Fabregas.
Tiki-taka may not be as magical as 2 or 3 years ago, but it's still a effective system and players like Xavi are still of great value.

GiantKiller

Except for one reason or another, others at the same age are much better. Be it they get to play more or whatever, he hasn't impressed as much as he flashed.

Apart from him showing signs of being mentally weak, which I didn't expect of someone who plays with such swagger, he still hasn't found the right balance between playing at a slower pace and controlling game, and turning on the style by either individual brilliance or by being more direct. Players of his ilk are usually late bloomers anyway so his current state is not surprising given his age and the quality of the players who're ahead of him.

Wouterinho

Goals win you games and assists make the goals. "Ball control & technique" are nice if you want to show off.

Right. During his years at Arsenal he was perhaps #1 mid in Europe (esp if you take his goals & assists stats into consideration)
This is just nonsense, at the highest level every small detail matters. A good control can be the difference between a goal and a missed chance. I don't know if you ever played football yourself, but I know that once you're playing at a decent level, this is basically said every training...

I Wonder

1fKVb4g6q8s.jpg

el capitan

Last edited:

Stric

#10. Nice. Which squad is this? Who's wearing the #7?

My god, those new jerseys are hideous. The ones they used last year and for the Euros were brilliant. Yet they were only used for such a short time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You don't recognize Muniain?

The kits are indeed terrible, which is a shame...A legendary NT like this one should have a kit the envy of the world yet they have been changing it with the frequency of a cheap HAM radio - one worse than the next...At least Barcelona look like they are getting kewl kits this coming season, save the ridiculous sponsor

Home of Barca Fans