Thiago Translantara

Indignado

He'd need to be doing it now! Thiago clearly has the potential to be a game winner. Less "flash" and more "clutch" and he should be OK. My point is he does too many pointless tricks that only look good for the cameras.

I think you're confusing him with Neymar.

mixer

He'd need to be doing it now! Thiago clearly has the potential to be a game winner. Less "flash" and more "clutch" and he should be OK. My point is he does too many pointless tricks that only look good for the cameras.

He doesn't do many tricks and if he does they're useful and clever.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well, at least we can sell him for much money...Manchester City needs a player like Thiago/Isco to create chances in their midfield. I don't see Thiago in the future Barca squad, but i hope i'm not right

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi's pretty old, and I believe Thiago is supposed to be his replacement.
Maybe u're right, but that means we must change our several game aspects. Thiago is more Iniesta's type. Fabregas can replace Xavi, but in Arsenal and in perfomances for Spain he completely changed his position from deep lying playmaker to false 9 and now he can't play as good as he played before on dat position. Also Messi will become old and lose his pace, and i think he will change his position to playmaker (Xavi's current Position). That means Barcelona will return to play with poacher. Maybe we will play in midfield with new signings, we will see.

Y

Youngie

Well, at least we can sell him for much money...Manchester City needs a player like Thiago/Isco to create chances in their midfield. I don't see Thiago in the future Barca squad, but i hope i'm not right

No way I'd sell Thiago. He has tons of potential. He still needs to cut back on the tricks though and focus on helping the team more.

Maybe u're right, but that means we must change our several game aspects. Thiago is more Iniesta's type. Fabregas can replace Xavi, but in Arsenal and in perfomances for Spain he completely changed his position from deep lying playmaker to false 9 and now he can't play as good as he played before on dat position. Also Messi will become old and lose his pace, and i think he will change his position to playmaker (Xavi's current Position). That means Barcelona will return to play with poacher. Maybe we will play in midfield with new signings, we will see.

Thiago seems to be a bit of a hybrid of the 2 to me, with a bit of Ronaldinho mixed in. Anyways, he's mainly been played in the Xavi role this season, and he's done pretty well too, though he's definitely had his bad games. It definitely seems to me like Thiago's meant to be the Xavi replacement.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ha, he can't cut back on the tricks coz he is Brazilian :D I agree with you, he certainly has the potential to grow. He's got Brazilian technique with Spanish passes and game discipline, off the ball movements, and so on.
Vader, yeah. The bad thing is that Thiago doesn't receive enough minutes on the pitch versus strong opponents, and if he receives he plays poorly. He's still young and can improve a lot. The diamond of Cantera.

Last edited:
Y

Youngie

I want to see more of this (minus #4 trick for the camera). If Thiago does more of what's in the video and less "showboat" moves for the camera then he can be world-class.

ab739

He loves to lose the ball in midfield doing stupid tricks or holding the ball for too long. His awareness is also not so good. Not sure hes the successor of one of the best Mids to ever play the game

Home of Barca Fans