Thiago Translantara

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He just wants to show himself in the best way. This is because he plays few games. At his age, players have to play a lot to improve themselves. He needs to work on the team.

He's still young and has crazy potential. He should be a capable replacement when the time comes (which won't be too soon, I can definitely see Xavi playing for a good few seasons), though no one can truly replace the legend that is Xavi.

Stric

I don't see how his tricks are "for the camera". Even the #4 you pointed out is clearly a way of getting around defenders, not showing off.

Kerrybai

If learns to to control the game he will be world class. Controlling a game is the most important quality for a midfielder, especially a Barcelona midfielder.

Jadentheman

Thiago has the potential to be the next Deco, I can definitely see a partnership between him and Neymar (when he comes over). Why sell your future?

Y

Youngie

'Ball control & technique' don't win you games? :shakeshead::facepalm:

0nce again I think we're talking about different 'Ball control & technique' . I'm talking about Thiago doing his "showboat" tricks like pointless dribbles, Zidane roulette's, back heels, flashy ball control ...

abual3bed1

0nce again I think we're talking about different 'Ball control & technique' . I'm talking about Thiago doing his "showboat" tricks like pointless dribbles, Zidane roulette's, back heels, flashy ball control ...

You don't like a skillful player to show what he got, do you?

Y

Youngie

You don't like a skillful player to show what he got, do you?

I love to see it (i.e. Ronaldinho, (Brazil) Ronaldo, Messi etc) just not at the expense of playing well. Ronnie was the full package as you know: able to destroy opposition with worthwhile tricks thrown in for free. Whereas Thiago seems to be the opposite. Too reliant on showing off.

Superfly

Banned
I love to see it (i.e. Ronaldinho, (Brazil) Ronaldo, Messi etc) just not at the expense of playing well. Ronnie was the full package as you know: able to destroy opposition with worthwhile tricks thrown in for free. Whereas Thiago seems to be the opposite. Too reliant on showing off.

Don't bother. He's the golden boy who can do no wrong.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

You act as if Thiago is a horrible player who does nothing but tricks. He averages a HUGE amount of passes and uses his flair to get into space/pick out a creative and threatening pass that leads to an attack. Very occasionally he does make a pass or two that aren't smart and turn out to be risky but that just shows he's slightly immature, as anyone his age would be. I'd rather have him try to be creative and skillful and sometimes fail than play nothing but easy and useless passes the entire time. It shows he has ambition and guts.

oz187

Thiago is awesome. He's the future of the Barca midfield and will be a Balon D'or contender in a few years time.

Y

Youngie

You act as if Thiago is a horrible player who does nothing but tricks. He averages a HUGE amount of passes and uses his flair to get into space/pick out a creative and threatening pass that leads to an attack. Very occasionally he does make a pass or two that aren't smart and turn out to be risky but that just shows he's slightly immature, as anyone his age would be. I'd rather have him try to be creative and skillful and sometimes fail than play nothing but easy and useless passes the entire time. It shows he has ambition and guts.

You've just contradicted yourself there mate

He's a Cesc fanboy.

Worried about Thiago being picked ahead of him.

Yeah I'm a Cesc "fanboy" but Thiago has a heck of a long way to go before being picked in front of Cesc. I'm not worried :lol:

Thiago is awesome. He's the future of the Barca midfield and will be a Balon D'or contender in a few years time.

You seem pretty sure of that pal!

Don't bother. He's the golden boy who can do no wrong.

Exactly.

Home of Barca Fans