Thiago Translantara

I Wonder

tumblr_mk8fgu5rbE1rl229vo1_500.jpg

the leader

oggmar

Yeah I'm a Cesc "fanboy" but Thiago has a heck of a long way to go before being picked in front of Cesc. I'm not worried :lol:

Seeing as how poor Cesc have been playing as of late, all while Thiago has been great you should be "worried"

I don't get why you say Thiago does nothing good offensively with his technique, he's brilliant on the ball, got 5 assists in the year of 2013, which is top 5 in the squad(2013). Sure he sometimes makes the risky pass instead of keeping it safe, then again i'd rather have a technically gifted player try to use it to his advantage rather than being passive and always looking for the easy pass.

quote got messed up oh well

Y

Youngie

Seeing as how poor Cesc have been playing as of late, all while Thiago has been great you should be "worried"

I know you're a Thiago fanboy so please don't insult my intelligence. Thiago made some pretty amateurish errors which nearly cost Barça two games in a row...

"i'd rather have a technically gifted player try to use it to his advantage rather than being passive and always looking for the easy pass."

That's what Thiago does. 100 passes a match - nine tenths are sideways/easy passes.

And I never said "Thiago does nothing good offensively with his technique". I'm saying he should cut out the pointless tricks...

Last edited:

Stric

Give an example of ONE pointless trick he did/does. I've never seen him do anything that wasn't for the purpose of the game.

Y

Youngie

Give an example of ONE pointless trick he did/does. I've never seen him do anything that wasn't for the purpose of the game.

Off the top of my head that exquisite ball control video I posted a few pages back. Looks amazing for the camera yet totally pointless.

Y

Youngie

The one against Athletic??? What was he supposed to do, leave it?

He can do as many tricks as he wants as long as he wins games for the team. IIRC Thiago has only 1 MOTM this season (out of 26 or so games). He's not doing it for me this season. Too many tricks not enough "substance".

Y

Youngie

Funny. Guys a few year ago said "next year" Thiago will be the best in the world. Same the following year. And the same this year. I'm still waiting. Obviously Thiago has the potential to be among the best.

mixer

He can do as many tricks as he wants as long as he wins games for the team. IIRC Thiago has only 1 MOTM this season (out of 26 or so games). He's not doing it for me this season. Too many tricks not enough "substance".
Busquets is the best DM in the world and how many times he has been MOTM (and Barca has Leo so it's hard to get a MOTM ya know)?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

He's 21!!!!! How the hell do you expect him to win games on his own for the team? He's a mobile/deep lying playmaker not a #10 or a goalscorer. Plus a lot of his tricks do have substance and are successful. Hell if you were watching the Spain u21 game right now you would see how much he bosses the game. He distributes the ball extremely well, stretches the play to create space with long balls to the wingers, and plays great attack minded passes with flair and skill. All you are paying attention to are his rare errors.

Y

Youngie

Mixer: Who mentioned Busquets pal? Point is I watch the games and I know how the players perform.

Y

Youngie

He's 21!!!!! How the hell do you expect him to win games on his own for the team? He's a mobile/deep lying playmaker not a #10 or a goalscorer. Plus a lot of his tricks do have substance and are successful. Hell if you were watching the Spain u21 game right now you would see how much he bosses the game. He distributes the ball extremely well, stretches the play to create space with long balls to the wingers, and plays great attack minded passes with flair and skill. All you are paying attention to are his rare errors.

He'll be 22 very soon.

"Hell if you were watching the Spain u21 game right now you would see how much he bosses the game"

All this "bossing the game" stuff annoys me. Anyway you're talking about "bossing" Spain U-21 vs Barça first team. There's a difference...

Not that I don't like Thiago. I think he's got great potential...

Y

Youngie

Nonsense. Controlling the ball is not a trick.

Controlling the ball like that is "showboating". How about a Zidane roulette and then passing the back sideways or backwards and all these little back heels that go nowhere???

Home of Barca Fans