Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Have any evidence on how he sucks at senior level? Because he's greatly impressed in almost every game he's played this season AND he's gained the trust of the coaches so they are not even slightly hesitant to play him to rest Xavi or when he is injured.

Stric

Controlling the ball like that is "showboating". How about a Zidane roulette and then passing the back sideways or backwards and all these little back heels that go nowhere???

No, it's not. Good ball control is something every player should have, Thiago is one of those who's gifted with phenomenal control. The fact he uses it doesn't mean it's showing off. He just does it better than others by default. What is he supposed to do? Control it badly on purpose?

The second example I could understand, but I don't remember him doing it.

Y

Youngie

Have any evidence on how he sucks at senior level? Because he's greatly impressed in almost every game he's played this season AND he's gained the trust of the coaches so they are not even slightly hesitant to play him to rest Xavi or when he is injured.

:lol: where did I say "he sucks"??? WHERE?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think he'll be good enough to be contending for a permanent starting positon in a year or two. He's got what it takes, but there's definitely some things he needs to improve on. Calling him a future ballon d'or contender is a bit premature as there's several great talents playing similar roles who are his age or younger.

Anyway, here's his assist:

I think he'll be good enough to be contending for a permanent starting positon in a year or two. He's got what it takes, but there's definitely some things he needs to improve on. Calling him a future ballon d'or contender is a bit premature as there's several great talents playing similar roles who are his age or younger.

Anyway, here's his assist:

If he's able to replace Xavi, he'll be a Ballon d'or contender IMO.
Calling him a future Ballon d'or contender is premature, but he has the potential.

mixer

He sometimes looks a bit weaker because the likes of Xavi/Iniesta who have earned a reputation for themselves. Iniesta often losses the ball in his dribbling but it's ok because he is a "hero" and he does everything he wants to do. Thiago is just 21 and he has to deal with the pressure incumbent upon him. He tries to do everything the best to arouse an impression on a much more experienced and the best players in the world (!) And he's doing great.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
:lol: where did I say "he sucks"??? WHERE?

You say that he's not at the level where he's should be using tricks or flair so obviously you're dissatisfied by his performances somehow, no? Otherwise there would be no unnecessary complaining about how he's a "showoff". Hell I don't even get how you chose to target Thiago instead of say Neymar, Deulofeu, Tello etc.

Y

Youngie

He sometimes looks a bit weaker because the likes of Xavi/Iniesta who have earned a reputation for themselves. Iniesta often losses the ball in his dribbling but it's ok because he is a "hero" and he does everything he wants to do. Thiago is just 21 and he has to deal with the pressure incumbent upon him. He tries to do everything the best to arouse an impression on a much more experienced and the best players in the world (!) And he's doing great.

I don't think there's any pressure on Thiago (unlike Fàbregas for example). BTW: Thiago will be 22 in 2 and a half weeks.

Y

Youngie

You say that he's not at the level where he's should be using tricks or flair so obviously you're dissatisfied by his performances somehow, no? Otherwise there would be no unnecessary complaining about how he's a "showoff". Hell I don't even get how you chose to target Thiago instead of say Neymar, Deulofeu, Tello etc.

I never said he sucks. That'd be just foolishness.

And you act like I have a "vendetta" out for Thiago. What rubbish. I'm just pointing out that Thiago needs to cut back on his "showboat" antics for his own good.

Y

Youngie

Hey man don't get me started on Deulofeu! :lol:

Home of Barca Fans