Thiago Translantara

Mr Hulot

Does anybody thinks, that in a game like against PSG he should replace Xavi around 75-80th minute in order to press more effectively as a team? I for one am still undecided...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's been great and happy birthday!

As for position, I'd say he's in between Xavi and Iniesta. More attack minded and dribbling than Xavi, but not as involved in forward attacks as Iniesta. Just because he roams a lot doesn't mean he's like Iniesta. After all you do see Xavi all over the pitch too aiding in distribution and keeping the play fluid.

Indignado

Does anybody thinks, that in a game like against PSG he should replace Xavi around 75-80th minute in order to press more effectively as a team? I for one am still undecided...

He certainly does more defensive work, but it's really hard to tell until he actually plays in a CL game.

misterplatin

I am not convinced that THiago is as good as Xavi in pressing the opposition. Xavi is very efficient with his movement and on average runs probably more than THiago .

BarcaOG

Banned
22 already? in my mind he is still a 'youngster', but at 22 he should fully be pursuing his career. that being said, minutes are hard to come by on this barca side.

Richard.H

Come on guys give the kid a break. This team has the best midfield in the world, do you really expect him to surpass Xavi, Iniesta, or Cesc at 22?

Richard.H

Tito wouldn't do that. Thiago tends to give away possession more than Xavi or Iniesta.

B

beautifulgame

I am not convinced that THiago is as good as Xavi in pressing the opposition. Xavi is very efficient with his movement and on average runs probably more than THiago .

Thiago is better at defending but to be fair Xavi is poor. Thats perhaps the weakest part of his game, he doesn't mark much or well when he does.

With that said, Thiago does need to learn stop giving up the ball in through the middle or when there isn't support and learn when to do what. Frankly, this is what is holding him back right now.

Xavi also lost the ball in a horrible horrible way in PSG that very well could have lead to a goal by them when he was dispossessed at midfield without support.

Cule4life

The Culest
What can be his reason to give up the ball in dangerous places? Is it nervousness/lack of technique/complacency? Im inclined to think its a mixture of nervousness and complacency. He really needs to improve his ability to read the game better

Home of Barca Fans