Thiago Translantara

Arachnid

What can be his reason to give up the ball in dangerous places? Is it nervousness/lack of technique/complacency? Im inclined to think its a mixture of nervousness and complacency. He really needs to improve his ability to read the game better

He takes risks. Sometimes they pay off, catch the opposition with their guard down and start the counter that provides a match-winning goal. Sometimes he misses.

It's not really a big issue with a fully fit defense, but of course, in the state we're in, any ball loss becomes a serious scare.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Tito wouldn't do that. Thiago tends to give away possession more than Xavi or Iniesta.

True dat, Thiago makes a couple of flashy dribbles and than a very sloppy pass - it happens time after time unfortunally. He needs to get his shit together and do some easy passes before he attempts some flashy moves. It simply doesn't work to give away the ball in midfield when Alves, Alba and Pique are high up the pitch.

alex88bg

Do you all forget what is his play time? He would be a regular starter for the most of the top European clubs.Heck he would be a starter for a team like Manchester United.From next year he will need much more playing time,he deserves it...And i am sorry but i like that number 4 on thiago 10x more ...

D

Don_Andrés

Just done a quick check on Wiki. Cleverley has made just under 50 apps for Man Utd. Thiago has made just under a 100 apps for Barcelona. Cleverley is also 18 months older than Thiago. If you consider that the Man Utd's weakness is midfield and that Barca's strength, maybe it say's something about the comparative abilities of both players.

Personally I think Thiago would waltz into that midfield.

Superfly

Banned
Lulz Thiago could walk into any midfield in the world right now.

stop-it.jpg

Indignado

As much as I like United, their midfield is so poor it's hard to believe they're a world class team. Thiago would easily bench all United midfielders.

B

beautifulgame

Lol thiago def could start at many big clubs and def United. Just cause yall two (you know who you are) think thiago love hurts cuz cesc doesn't play or get the respect you think he deserved means little. Your pretty transparent, just leave it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He couldn't walk into just ANY midfield in the world but he's definitely got the talent to be starting for a lot of very elite teams.

loozy

Lulz Thiago could walk into any midfield in the world right now.

Ballon d'Or contender for next season, for sure.

He wouldn't walk into any midfield in the world right now. Not at Bayern, not at Dortmund, not at Real, or Man United, however weak their midfield is. He can play for elite teams, but he is not an automatic walk-in.

Home of Barca Fans