Thiago Translantara

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i dont know why but have a strange feeling that he wont cut it out here. be it playing time or pressure or whatever. he hasnt been the same player after his mistake lead to a goal(cant remember against whom though).

Garrus

The most recent game that comes to my mind where he was actually impressive, Was against getafe......In their stadium!, Yes it's that far.
I don't know what going on, But he's been mediocre this season, It seems as if he doesn't care about competing and working hard for a starting spot.

Y

Youngie

Lol thiago def could start at many big clubs and def United. Just cause yall two (you know who you are) think thiago love hurts cuz cesc doesn't play or get the respect you think he deserved means little. Your pretty transparent, just leave it.

Nothing to do with Cesc.

Let's face facts here: Thiago is hugely talented but very in-experienced at senior level for club & country. He has proved nothing so far... Secondly the Barça/Spain system completely suits him. If he moves to Man U or any other team he'd be out of his "comfort zone" there's a good chance he'd flop (just like others like Anderson).

Garrus: I think Thiago is completely over-confident. He clearly thinks he's better than he actually is.

Stric

And this is based on what?

Based on his groundless Fabregas-supporter animosity towards Thiago which is evident at all times. I've seen this over and over again, it's useless to argue.

The kid is endlessly talented, disciplined, plays with style and flare, and could be among the among the best midfielders of his generation if he continues to develop and improve. What he lacks most at the moment is top-flight experience, and that is unfortunately out of his hands for the most part.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Nothing to do with Cesc.

Let's face facts here: Thiago is hugely talented but very in-experienced at senior level for club & country. He has proved nothing so far... Secondly the Barça/Spain system completely suits him. If he moves to Man U or any other team he'd be out of his "comfort zone" there's a good chance he'd flop (just like others like Anderson).

Garrus: I think Thiago is completely over-confident. He clearly thinks he's better than he actually is.
i agree with this tbh. i really hate him doing those brazilian moves dinho used to do. just make it simple when u are still learning. dont overdo it.

Galning

Based on his groundless Fabregas-supporter animosity towards Thiago which is evident at all times. I've seen this over and over again, it's useless to argue.

The kid is endlessly talented, disciplined, plays with style and flare, and could be among the among the best midfielders of his generation if he continues to develop and improve. What he lacks most at the moment is top-flight experience, and that is unfortunately out of his hands for the most part.

This.

Y

Youngie

There's no bias from me at all. I say what I see. I've already said "Thiago is hugely talented" but he's been poor this season (minus 1 match)...he needs to start using that talent effectively and cut out the little tricks..

DavidVillano1

I was of the opinion that Barcelona should never have went for Cesc because Thiago is going to be a top player. However I believe there is some truth in what Youngie is suggesting, Thiago has disappointed me this season and at times does give off a vibe he doesn't work hard enough or is too confident. I.e the slack passes and loss of possession which has resulted in chances for the opposition.

Nobody can deny his ability and potential, but he needs to work hard and cut out the slackness to be a regular for Barcelona.

Last edited:
Y

Youngie

Yeah you're right Villano.

Thiago can only dream of having a first half of the season that Cesc had. And as you say Thiago needs to plant his feet on the ground and work, work and work. I hope he plays alongside Xavi & Iniesta more so he can learn from the best.

Anyway I expect a big game from Thiago tonight and hope he links up well with David Villa!

Kerrybai

Yeah you're right Villano.

Thiago can only dream of having a first half of the season that Cesc had. And as you say Thiago needs to plant his feet on the ground and work, work and work. I hope he plays alongside Xavi & Iniesta more so he can learn from the best.

Anyway I expect a big game from Thiago tonight and hope he links up well with David Villa!

In not expecting much from him or cesc tonight if Xavi is benched. It's too much to expect chemistry amongst a group of players who rarely play together.

Stric

Another thing that Thiago doesn't exactly benefit from is that, when he plays, he usually plays next to Cesc (and Song). He'd improve more quickly and learn more if he was playing more next to Xavi or Iniesta. Has he even played with Xavi this season?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Another thing that Thiago doesn't exactly benefit from is that, when he plays, he usually plays next to Cesc (and Song). He'd improve more quickly and learn more if he was playing more next to Xavi or Iniesta. Has he even played with Xavi this season?

He has a few times, and looked really impressive doing so. Same next to Iniesta and Busquets.

Home of Barca Fans