Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Suit yourself, but all you Thiago haters should do so at your own peril. You can doubt and insult him all you want now but deep down even you should know he has amazing talent and is a future leader in the midfield.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You take any chance you get to criticize him and constantly harp over the attitude problems that you imagine he has. I've never seen you once truly praise him for something good and you take the smallest of actions from him and make it seem as if he's a lazy antagonist who's full of himself.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not that he doesn't love him, that's obviously a matter of opinion that anyone can understand. It's that he goes out of his way to find faults and criticize him and try to play down his good moments as well.

Stric

Don't want to sound like a douche, but this is expected. :lol: I'd bet anything that his best performances would always come from games where he plays next to Xavi. He's an attacking type of player and he needs to have that midfield control and stability that Xavi brings, so he can be free to do what he does best. When it's Cesc or Iniesta next to him, he's limited and he makes mistakes which are only expectable when you put that kind of a player in Xavi's role. As much as it's nice to see him do well, it sucks to realize that, again, we have many choices for Iniesta's position (Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago), and no good ones for Xavi's. Even after promoting Thiago and bringing Fabregas. I'd honestly rather see Iniesta drop back to Xavi's role when Xavi calls it a day, and let Cesc and Thiago rotate in the attacking position.

JamDav1982

Don't want to sound like a douche, but this is expected. :lol: I'd bet anything that his best performances would always come from games where he plays next to Xavi. He's an attacking type of player and he needs to have that midfield control and stability that Xavi brings, so he can be free to do what he does best. When it's Cesc or Iniesta next to him, he's limited and he makes mistakes which are only expectable when you put that kind of a player in Xavi's role. As much as it's nice to see him do well, it sucks to realize that, again, we have many choices for Iniesta's position (Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago), and no good ones for Xavi's. Even after promoting Thiago and bringing Fabregas. I'd honestly rather see Iniesta drop back to Xavi's role when Xavi calls it a day, and let Cesc and Thiago rotate in the attacking position.

Of the players at the club Busquets is the one best placed to step into the Xavi role in my opinion, but you would be giving up the best DM in the world to do that.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Had more freedom to run up and lead attacks while Xavi did his normal role, don't recall him missing a pass tonight, a goal and 2 assists and came close to setting up some more too.

Stric

Of the players at the club Busquets is the one best placed to step into the Xavi role in my opinion, but you would be giving up the best DM in the world to do that.

Or him, although I'd rather see Busquets stay where he is and maybe even drop back a little deeper as the years go by. I believe it will come as natural to Iniesta to do the same.

Home of Barca Fans