Thiago Translantara

BerkeleyBernie

Thiago is clearly the best dribbler on the team after Messi and Iniesta, and can shoot and make key passes. I like him playing DM/CM a la Xavi (he's clearly the best on Barça for that task) but it's a shame not to use him further forward in attacks. I'd go so far as to say he should have been playing for Messi against Bayern, in between the lines.

Irish_Cules

Thiago is clearly the best dribbler on the team after Messi and Iniesta, and can shoot and make key passes. I like him playing DM/CM a la Xavi (he's clearly the best on Barça for that task) but it's a shame not to use him further forward in attacks. I'd go so far as to say he should have been playing for Messi against Bayern, in between the lines.

He'd probably do better than Alexis or Pedro on the wings at the moment. He used to play RW in the youth teams.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With every passing game, I'm becoming happier and happier that we have Thiago as a reliable midfield option. He is in great form and has outshone Xavi and Iniesta in the recent games he's played. People complain about how he'll never be like Xavi or whatever but I think Thiago's traits make him the kind of player we really need right now.

The unique pros of Thiago's playing style:

-He can turn really fluidly in one quick motion and then pass the ball away to keep the play moving quickly, unlike Xavi who takes the 4-5 touch turns (pelopina).

-He is insanely good at curving or bending long ranged passes with pinpoint accuracy with the inside or outside of his foot.

-His flair and skill makes him willing to play quickly and with more dimensions (backheels, outside foot passes, roulettes, dribbling)

-His somewhat attack minded nature makes him more daring to try through balls/killer passes

-He really keeps our tempo of play lively and injects a really great amount of energy and life so that the players around him aren't playing without purpose or movement.

Overall he's a very special player and having a breakout season. The management definitely trusts him, he performs well, and he is getting more and more vital to the team as Xavi ages.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Comparable or not, Thiago is much better than Xavi and it's time for Thiago to take Xavi's place.

CevinK

One of the few players that can and dare take on players 1on1, should start against Bayern IMO. Don´t know who would he replace though...

M

mitkoa7x

He has been in and out of form every other game, no way a player of Xavi's stature should make way to a youngster. Do you guys even football?

Indignado

He has been in and out of form every other game, no way a player of Xavi's stature should make way to a youngster. Do you guys even football?

Just because he's Xavi doesn't mean he's forever better than anyone else. It's the same logic why people say Alves or Puyol should still be starters when it's clear they're not up to it anymore. We have good enough youngsters to take their spot. Thiago is one of the best young players there is.

Home of Barca Fans