Thiago Translantara

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Apparently we are going to make 4 or 5 signings, and we will be getting rid of some players as well, I hope and think Thiago will be one of our stand out performers next season and hopefully the signings we make are good ones to enable us to compete with Bayern too.
What?! 4-5 signings? Who said that?

B

beautifulgame

Barca need at least 4 signings.

Its time for a clear-out mang. Irregardless of a miracle happening next week or not. This has been apparent for over a year now and Pep knew it.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Barca need at least 4 signings.

Its time for a clear-out mang. Irregardless of a miracle happening next week or not. This has been apparent for over a year now and Pep knew it.

I've been thinking that Barcelona need to show balls to get rid of some players and reshape the squad a bit, and looks like they are taking the initiative.

alex88bg

There is no more time to wait ,this is his time and i think he is aware of it.He must be thrown ino fire from next season just like messi,xavi and iniesta were.he must be trusted in bigger matches too..Good luck.

Y

Youngie

Mixer: why do you think Thiago "should start in the 2nd leg against Bayern instead of Xavi"?

jklz

I guess because Xavi is getting older and has been struggling with injuries lately. He's not able to press as well as before due to his degrading physicality. That would be my reasoning.

Thiago can play as a CDM as part of a double pivot, right? Some have been saying that we should switch to a double pivot (though I personally don't agree). Perhaps we can go with a Busquets-Thiago double pivot once Xavi retires? I wouldn't mind seeing it tried at some point (though, again, I don't agree that we should switch to a double pivot, at least not as the main formation we use in every single big game).

I can definitely see the CDM role limiting Thiago though...

Last edited:

cro-man

I know some of you think he is our future but i dont see it. götze hazard etc. are much better and younger. He can play against weak teams but against a bigger side he has no chance and thats the difference between him and the other young player with a big future. he will get better someday but i dont think he can match up with xavi or iniesta. If he is our future than i dont see barce to success like they did in the past.

mixer

I think he can give us more not only passing backwards and to the wings.

Some dribbling and an unexpected pass for example

Y

Youngie

I think he can give us more not only passing backwards and to the wings.

Some dribbling and an unexpected pass for example

Sure but Xavi won't be benched. Nor should he (vice-captain). And Xavi still created most chances in the CL this season (out of any player)

Home of Barca Fans