Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has been in and out of form every other game, no way a player of Xavi's stature should make way to a youngster. Do you guys even football?

He's been in form for the past 6-7 games he's played. Xavi however has been relatively poor for a month or two and even Iniesta is in somewhat of a rough patch in terms of form right now. Xavi's the better player overall obviously, but currently Thiago is playing better and there isn't denying that.

jklz

He has been in and out of form every other game, no way a player of Xavi's stature should make way to a youngster. Do you guys even football?

Was Busquets 100% solid when he took over Touré? Was Pedro scoring and creating chances every game before he permanently took over Henry's place? Of course these are very different situations but I think my point remains the same. Stature means a lot, but it shouldn't guarantee a starting spot.

You can't expect a player to drastically improve his consistency if he doesn't get consistent playing time.

BerkeleyBernie

Today, Thiago played more an Iniesta role, freed to go forward with Song as DM and Xavi as distributor. Really love to see him as AM like this. He is capable of both the Xavi and Iniesta roles, and has the discipline to stay within the bounds of whichever role is asked of him. I don't recall him taking any shots today, only providing great passes, but I expect we'll see him shoot if brought on as AM in the future. As a shooter, he is better than either Xavi or Iniesta, and I expect we'll see a lot of Messi/Thiago combo goals in the future.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

I don't undertands all the critics about this lad. Everytime I'm watching him , i'm just glad that he's in our squad. He's probably , after Messi & Iniesta, the only player who can dribble opponents.

All he needs is to learn how to manage and lead a middle, like Xavi ; it means experience and he needs to play a lot to have it.

Kerrybai

I think next season we could season Thiago feature in the big games, however I wouldn't start him against Bayern. All it takes is one sloppy pass that leads to a goal and suddenly we shatter his confidence our ruin our slim hopes of a comeback. Next season we should play him more to prepare him to take on the big guns.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Today, Thiago played more an Iniesta role, freed to go forward with Song as DM and Xavi as distributor. Really love to see him as AM like this. He is capable of both the Xavi and Iniesta roles, and has the discipline to stay within the bounds of whichever role is asked of him. I don't recall him taking any shots today, only providing great passes, but I expect we'll see him shoot if brought on as AM in the future. As a shooter, he is better than either Xavi or Iniesta, and I expect we'll see a lot of Messi/Thiago combo goals in the future.

Shame that the draw overshadowed his performance but definitely agree with your take...I left very impressed with how he played, seemed to routinely beat his man and find the right pass in the final third

BigBarcaBoy

He seems to be improving at a really good pace now, taking on more responsibility, needs to be careful at times not to overdo the tricks in dangerous areas.

Home of Barca Fans