Thiago Translantara

Irish_Cules

Exactly. The guy should've chosen Brazil...Huge mistake.

If he feels that he has more of an affiliation with Spain than Brazil then it is not a mistake at all. He has more than enough potential to become a starter for Spain. It's not like he has a very slim chance of making it.

Y

Youngie

How will Thiago be a starter for ESP anytime soon? Look at the talent in front of him. Kid can't even get a game nevermind be a starter.

I think Thiago is at least as talented as Isco & Mata and more so than Cazorla, Muniain, Beñat etc.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

How will Thiago be a starter for ESP anytime soon? Look at the talent in front of him. Kid can't even get a game nevermind be a starter.

I think Thiago is at least as talented as Isco & Mata and more so than Cazorla, Muniain, Beñat etc.

He will have to wait a couple of years to be a starter but once he becomes a starter for Barcelona then he'll likely start for Spain. If he doesn't start then he'll be an important substitute at least for a while. I think he could possibly be a starter by Euro 2018 and by WC 2020 he will be Spain's main man in midfield.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd say that it's not fair to use Mata or Cazorla as examples of how hard it is to get playing time for Spain. VDB is the kind of coach that usually is set in his ways by generation and doesn't really pay attention to the transitional players. Just like how he went straight from Capdevila to Alba and didn't really give Monreal a big chance, he'll go straight from the veterans to the youngsters so players like Mata, Cazorla, Benat, etc. are kind of stuck in the middle. Thiago's at a great age to take over from Xavi once his NT role dies down, provided he gets enough playing time at club level and impresses. It's hard for me to explain in words but it's what I see happening.

Mr Hulot

I found his performance very good tonight and in my eyes in the 65 minutes he played he outperfomed The Don, who was not truly concentrated in the game..

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I thought he played well and had Tito gone with a wide player instead of Xavi and subbed Cesc off, perhaps we would've seen Thiago unlock the match as well...I think he has been in good form

BerkeleyBernie

I found his performance very good tonight and in my eyes in the 65 minutes he played he outperfomed The Don, who was not truly concentrated in the game..

MOTM for me, up until Pedro and Alexis came on and unlocked the Levante defense. Iniesta performed well enough, but Thiago is more dagger-thrust minded. Iniesta works his magic, but has no particular plan of attack in mind- if nothing opens up, he resets. Thiago, as an attacker, is looking for that key pass or dribble that will set up a goal in short order. Today, on the left, Iniesta had only Tello to work with, for the most part. No overlapping Alba, and no Messi to distribute the pressure on Villa.

Valdivia

Very good performance last night. Loved his dynamic runs, accurate passing, overall defensive play. I'd like to see him and Song in most if not all of the remaining Liga games.

Irish_Cules

I wouldn't say it was a great performance. He was pretty good but he didn't do anything special, although neither did anybody else on the team while he was on the pitch.

6.5/10

T

tariqo

next year i want to see him take control of our midfield cuz he is the 1 & we need fresh legs

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I agree. BTW, does anyone have some new pictures of him? After he got that new awesome haircut and the beard?

I Wonder

ThwiX
tumblr_mlocc2zn3b1s50qmdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlo46oK83c1qg8thho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlm7bh1YeD1qg8thho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mljnfgk8391r9xao7o1_500.jpg

Jaguar

Flair Trait
next year i want to see him take control of our midfield cuz he is the 1 & we need fresh legs

Apparently we are going to make 4 or 5 signings, and we will be getting rid of some players as well, I hope and think Thiago will be one of our stand out performers next season and hopefully the signings we make are good ones to enable us to compete with Bayern too.

Home of Barca Fans