Jaguar

Flair Trait
Next seasons dream lineup:

Ter Stegen
Montoya Hummels T.Silva Alba
----------Busquets----------
-----Thiago------- Iniesta
Messi - Falcao/Kun/Suarez/Lewandowski - Neymar/Reus

I put Lewi last as I doubt we are getting 3 players from Dortmund, I think to get that kind of quality we will have to sell the following:

Valdes
Villa
Pique
Alexis
Alves
JDS

And maybe Pedro and bring in Deulofeu. I think this or something similar is what needs to happen, we are clearly lacking cutting edge apart from Messi and need wingers who can beat their man as well as a striker who can finish.

Last edited:

Demon17

Maestro

Ter Stegen

I put Lewi last as I doubt we are getting 3 players from Dortmund, I think to get that kind of quality we will have to sell the following:

Valdes
Villa
Pique
Alexis
Alves
JDS

And maybe Pedro and bring in Deulofeu. I think this or something similar is what needs to happen, we are clearly lacking cutting edge apart from Messi and need wingers who can beat their man as well as a striker who can finish.

WOW that's one dream line up mate. But selling Alves? I'd rather sell Alba who can't defend. Pretty much agree with the line-up but not too sure about Montoya.

And having Hummels and Silva as CB is insane. I can guarantee even Bayern will struggle to beat it.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
WOW that's one dream line up mate. But selling Alves? I'd rather sell Alba who can't defend. Pretty much agree with the line-up but not too sure about Montoya.

And having Hummels and Silva as CB is insane. I can guarantee even Bayern will struggle to beat it.

Montoya has proven to be good at defending and a good player overall, and the balance between him and Alba will surely prove much better than two attacking fullbacks Alba and Alves.

Demon17

Maestro
Montoya has proven to be good at defending and a good player overall, and the balance between him and Alba will surely prove much better than two attacking fullbacks Alba and Alves.

Agreed, but with Silva and Hummels will the defence not become balanced anyway with Alves and Alba? I think it could but yeah good idea.

And also Song played great today, should he not play more?

Indignado

Ter Stegen

Valdes
Villa
Pique
Alexis
Alves
JDS

How on earth will we manage to do that without spending more than Real Madrid before the season 09/10

Agreed, but with Silva and Hummels will the defence not become balanced anyway with Alves and Alba? I think it could but yeah good idea.

And also Song played great today, should he not play more?

Song was great, but I'd take an in-form and fully fit Busquets over him any day. And Alves can stay in defence for all I care, his crosses are useless anyway

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Don't get me wrong, I approve of many of your changes, but I think it's too drastic and would certainly affect our playing style and it would cost too much.

I know it would, it was a dream line up, cheaper alternatives are available, I think we need one of Hummels or T.Silva though and Reus who'd be cheaper than Neymar or Neymar if he has actually agreed to come here. The team has been declining gradually and it has taken the manager and the club until now to realize it, I think Rosells negotiation skills will really come in handy this summer.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Ter Stegen

Valdes
Villa
Pique
Alexis
Alves
JDS

I hate when people scream for transfers the moment they notice we are playing horribly. Buying more players isn't the automatic solve for the problem. What are new players gonna do when the team is lacking hunger, when the system is extremely flawed and complacent.

We need transfers to reinforce some weaker areas of the squad (CB, GK, and possibly a FW as a last priority). You can't fix the problem if you don't fix it from the inside first.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I hate when people scream for transfers the moment they notice we are playing horribly. Buying more players isn't the automatic solve for the problem. What are new players gonna do when the team is lacking hunger, when the system is extremely flawed and complacent.

We need transfers to reinforce some weaker areas of the squad (CB, GK, and possibly a FW as a last priority). You can't fix the problem if you don't fix it from the inside first.

Possibly a forward? Okay let's give Messi another season of 70+ goals against small - medium teams and have other forwards who can't score on decent teams to save their lives with Messi realizing he can't do it on his own. My dream team is far fetched but we definitely need a different type of forward that this team clearly lacks atm.

Agree with what you said about the inside problem however.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

I think you answered the highlighted part. New players would bring hunger as they wan't to succeed. Furthermore the competition for a starter place would re-invigorate the current players.

I agree though that the problems are deeper than just the players and we don't need a host of new transfers, A CB, GK, and winger should be bought, no more and no less.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Possibly a forward? Okay let's give Messi another season of 70+ goals against small - medium teams and have other forwards who can't score on decent teams to save their lives with Messi realizing he can't do it on his own. My dream team is far fetched but we definitely need a different type of forward that this team clearly lacks atm.

Agree with what you said about the inside problem however.

Fix the system and our forwards will show results as well. Pedro has the ability to be great and useful in attack it's just that his role has completely limited him. Villa will also do better when he's on the field with a well performing Iniesta and Messi. Alexis has shown flashes of good form and he'd be a good squad member as well. Tello is growing into a better player with each game and Deulofeu is definitely a future option as well. I'm not saying that we absolutely don't need a forward, it's just that is our last priority after defense and goalkeeper. If we can cover those positions well, then we should start looking for forwards to buy. And they have to be a good fit as well, Falcao and Neymar are unrealistic transfers that wouldn't solve anything.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Fix the system and our forwards will show results as well. Pedro has the ability to be great and useful in attack it's just that his role has completely limited him. Villa will also do better when he's on the field with a well performing Iniesta and Messi. Alexis has shown flashes of good form and he'd be a good squad member as well. Tello is growing into a better player with each game and Deulofeu is definitely a future option as well. I'm not saying that we absolutely don't need a forward, it's just that is our last priority after defense and goalkeeper. If we can cover those positions well, then we should start looking for forwards to buy. And they have to be a good fit as well, Falcao and Neymar are unrealistic transfers that wouldn't solve anything.

Wouldn't call Neymar unrealistic at this stage. I agree we need to fix the system though, restricting wingers to just passing and creating a continuous void of nothingness against organized teams needs to be dealt with for sure.

Home of Barca Fans