Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If this is true, they might as well sell the whole team, including Messi, Iniesta and Xavi.

I am so angry. Thiago is the future of Barca. Rosell and Tito are so friggin' short-sighted, they are ruining Barca.

Rosell and Tito Raus!!! :angry:

He's our best midfielder after Iniesta. They better not sell him.

Busquets and a fit, in-form Xavi say hi. Xavi hasn't been that great this season, by his standards at least, but I don't think you can put all the blame on him considering he's been overplayed and he's also struggled with injuries for a good part of the season. And he can still have amazing games, like the one against Milan.

I agree that selling Thiago would be dumb as fuck though. Like I said, I do think it's BS, but if there's any truth to it... :facepalm:

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Busquets and a fit, in-form Xavi say hi. Xavi hasn't been that great this season, by his standards at least, but I don't think you can put all the blame on him considering he's been overplayed and he's also struggled with injuries for a good part of the season. And he can still have amazing games, like the one against Milan.

I agree that selling Thiago would be dumb as fuck though. Like I said, I do think it's BS, but if there's any truth to it... :facepalm:
I would say Xavi is past it, though. Sadly.

Stric

Fabregas' 13 goals and 12 assists also say hi. Some people need a reality check. I absolutely LOVE Thiago and I would boil with anger if he was sold/loaned, but to say he's our best midfielder after Iniesta is absurd. Go read through this read and see after how many games the reactions were mostly negative and people were questioning this godlike status he's acquired somehow.

I would say Xavi is past it. Sadly.

Nah, I just think he needs to be played less.

Fabregas' 13 goals and 12 assists also say hi. Some people need a reality check. I absolutely LOVE Thiago and I would boil with anger if he was sold/loaned, but to say he's our best midfielder after Iniesta is absurd. Go read through this read and see after how many games the reactions were mostly negative and people were questioning this godlike status he's acquired somehow.

Yup, there's Fabregas as well, despite his poor second half of the season.

Thiago's a great midfielder for his age, and selling him would be an absolutely fucking retarded decision, no doubt about that, but he's definitely not better than Busquets, Xavi, or Fabregas. Not downplaying Thiago, but, in case some people haven't noticed, we have quite a few great midfielders.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Fabregas has got some nice looking stats this season, but apart from 2-3 matches against some bottom league teams, he hasn't looked impressive at all. Thiago can dribble past players, he can give amazing passes and he can also score goals himself, take a note Iniesta. With time I think he will become the best midfielder in the world.

Fabregas has got some nice looking stats this season, but apart from 2-3 matches against some bottom league teams, he hasn't looked impressive at all. Thiago can dribble past players, he can give amazing passes and he can also score goals himself, take a note Iniesta. With time I think he will become the best midfielder in the world.

With time, maybe, he's got great potential, no doubt about that. He's not our second best midfielder right now though.

Ursegor

World Champion
One of Thiago or Fabregas has to go. Thiago's father has already shown signs of dissatisfaction about his playing time this season. If he stays another season, remains a bit part player and misses out on the World Cup in Brazil, his father will get him out of Barca in no time, you can bet on that. But then again we all knew this would happen when Fabregas arrived. There is no room for Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago in 1 team, even if the Barca coaching staff tried to pretend that you can play proper football with 11 midfielders on the pitch in the past 2 seasons.

When Iniesta is fit, he will play every game, bar some rest here and there in heavy-scheduled weeks. Being only 29, he will be part of the starting XI for at least another 4 seasons. If Neymar arrives, Iniesta on LW will also be over forever. That leaves us with Xavi, Cesc and Thiago for 1 midfield spot. Xavi might play less games from now on (probably not though :lol:) but he's still going to play 30+ games for the next 2 seasons. That leaves us with 30 games which Xavi might not play anymore + another 10 games for Iniesta's rotation = 40 games to share between 2 players. That's neither enough for Thiago to develop properly nor for Fabregas to cement his place in this team.

1 has to go. Guess who? Certainly not the "lost son" who cost ~ € 40 million.

One of Thiago or Fabregas has to go. Thiago's father has already shown signs of dissatisfaction about his playing time this season. If he stays another season, remains a bit part player and misses out on the World Cup in Brazil, his father will get him out of Barca in no time, you can bet on that. But then again we all knew this would happen when Fabregas arrived. There is no room for Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago in 1 team, even if the Barca coaching staff tried to pretend that you can play proper football with 11 midfielders on the pitch in the past 2 seasons.

When Iniesta is fit, he will play every game, bar some rest here and there in heavy-scheduled weeks. Being only 29, he will be part of the starting XI for at least another 4 seasons. If Neymar arrives, Iniesta on LW will also be over forever. That leaves us with Xavi, Cesc and Thiago for 1 midfield spot. Xavi might play less games from now on (probably not though :lol:) but he's still going to play 30+ games for the next 2 seasons. That leaves us with 30 games which Xavi might not play anymore + another 10 games for Iniesta's rotation = 40 games to share between 2 players. That's neither enough for Thiago to develop properly nor for Fabregas to cement his place in this team.

1 has to go. Guess who? Certainly not the "lost son" who cost ~ € 40 million.

If we sell one, we'll only have 3 players for 2 positions. We need the depth, plus we'll need Thiago in the future (probably as Xavi's replacement).

Ursegor

World Champion
If we sell one, we'll only have 3 players for 2 positions. We need the depth, plus we'll need Thiago in the future (probably as Xavi's replacement).

Fabregas is a € 40 million+ player. Thiago is a world class talent. Neither is a "depth player" which you keep just so you can rest your first XI. For those purposes you buy a player like :keita:.

Stric

If our staff rotated the squad like they should, there'd be enough space for all of them. Although, for a player of Thiago's caliber, it would be a shame not to be a starter at age 22. But this current type of rotation is not good for him. I still think 4 players for 2 spots is a good number, though. It's just our management who needs to start using them properly.

He can also make risky passes and mistakes that lead to dangerous counterattacks, as we've seen numerous times this season. Once again, I LOVE Thiago, I consider myself a big fan. And honestly, I can't wait, that is, I fantasize of the day when he'll be the brains and the leader of this team and Spain, like Xavi is now. But he's not our second best midfielder at the moment. He's got incredible potential, and for all we know, he might very well become the best midfielder in the world, but right now, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas are all still ahead of him. I don't doubt he could surpass Fabregas at some point if he develops further like he has so far. And as for Fabregas, his entire first half of the season was almost brilliant, against most of the teams we played, and even in 2013 he produced some good games (scored against Madrid, good game against Malaga IIRC, etc.). I'll admit he's had a huge dip in form in the second half of the season, but to claim he hasn't done well against strong teams is far from true. He's also shown in the national team that he can be an important player at the highest level.

Last edited:
If our staff rotated the squad like they should, there'd be enough space for all of them. Although, for a player of Thiago's caliber, it would be a shame not to be a starter at age 22. But this current type of rotation is not good for him. I still think 4 players for 2 spots is a good number, though. It's just our management who needs to start using them properly.

+1

Home of Barca Fans