Thiago Translantara

Ursegor

World Champion
Rotation is just fantasy. 80 % of the season there is only 1 game per week. So you play your best XI to keep the players matchfit and in rythm. You don't use a player once every 2 weeks or so just for rotation's sake. And when the schedule gets heavy (usually when the team makes it deep into the CL and CdR), it means you use your best XI as well in big games. This season was a bit different. It felt like Barca could have rotated most of the time because there was a double digit gap between Barca and Madrid throughout the season. But imagine Madrid playing a "normal" season again where they aim for 92 - 100 points. There will never be time for experiments then. Thiago will never start away games to Valencia, Atletico Madrid in the CL knockout stages etc., the kind of games which he needs for his development (not some fringe games here and there).

I think people have not realized yet that Tito actually demanded a smaller squad for next season of 22 - 23 players. :lol:

F

Flavia

Rotation is just fantasy. 80 % of the season there is only 1 game per week. So you play your best XI to keep the players matchfit and in rythm. You don't use a player once every 2 weeks or so just for rotation's sake. And when the schedule gets heavy (usually when the team makes it deep into the CL and CdR), it means you use your best XI as well in big games. This season was a bit different. It felt like Barca could have rotated most of the time because there was a double digit gap between Barca and Madrid throughout the season. But imagine Madrid playing a "normal" season again where they aim for 92 - 100 points. There will never be time for experiments then. Thiago will never start away games to Valencia, Atletico Madrid in the CL knockout stages etc., the kind of games which he needs for his development (not some fringe games here and there).

I think people have not realized yet that Tito actually demanded a smaller squad for next season of 22 - 23 players. :lol:

A smaller squad still covers 2 players per position, making Xavi-Thiago/Cesc-Iniesta doable. And you can't forget Iniesta is injury prone, and Xavi is not on his best anymore. There was a period on the start of this season when they were both out. Too risky to count on them to play the majority of games. Xavi should be saved for the important matches, and Iniesta also shouldn't be overplayed. With 60+ games a season, rotations are needed.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Xavi isn't gonna be a starter in our midfield much longer and Fabregas+Iniesta has been absolutely abysmal many times without the control that a Xavi-esque player provides. Thiago is no longer a youngster who we can afford to give playing time to, he's a fully significant squad member who we must rely on regularly. Next season he should be playing all liga games vs lower level teams and some big games while Xavi rests more. No point in over-playing Xavi just because he's the more merited player because he'd be burnt out and disappointing. Thiago isn't just an 'option', he's just as vital right now as anyone in our midfield. Not saying he's better than them, but as a team member his significance and necessary output is equal.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Xavi isn't gonna be a starter in our midfield much longer and Fabregas+Iniesta has been absolutely abysmal many times without the control that a Xavi-esque player provides. Thiago is no longer a youngster who we can afford to give playing time to, he's a fully significant squad member who we must rely on regularly. Next season he should be playing all liga games vs lower level teams and some big games while Xavi rests more. No point in over-playing Xavi just because he's the more merited player because he'd be burnt out and disappointing. Thiago isn't just an 'option', he's just as vital right now as anyone in our midfield. Not saying he's better than them, but as a team member his significance and necessary output is equal.

Thiago has always been better than Fabregas talent wise, we have always known this, talent trumps experience and although I think Fabregas can be good for us I place Thiago above him.

Thiago has always been better than Fabregas talent wise, we have always known this, talent trumps experience and although I think Fabregas can be good for us I place Thiago above him.

Fabregas is better right now, but Thiago/Iniesta works better than Fabregas/Iniesta, and I think Thiago can definitely end up the better player.

Stric

I still see Thiago as more of an Iniesta-type player. A dribbler, an attacking midfielder. I can't see him control the game like Xavi does. Fabregas, neither. I'd give that task to Iniesta ahead of either of the two.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Fabregas is better right now, but Thiago/Iniesta works better than Fabregas/Iniesta, and I think Thiago can definitely end up the better player.

Exactly my point. Experience puts Fabregas above now, but Thiago talent wise has the potential to surpass him all he needs is the right minutes.

Antimadridista1

During the second part of the season , Thiago was clearly better than Cesc IMO.

Thiago should play more of the important games because a player progress a lot when he faces big teams (Real Madrid in spain, and all the others in Champions league). Then, he should play instead of Xavi some importants games and share minutes equally.

Concerning Cesc, I think that he should rotate with Iniesta and Messi as a false nine. Messi is overplaying and that's the reason why he's becoming injury prone.

I think that this is all about organization and Tito isn't (IMO) smart enough to allocate time playing evenly.

Zebulun

I still see Thiago as more of an Iniesta-type player. A dribbler, an attacking midfielder. I can't see him control the game like Xavi does. Fabregas, neither. I'd give that task to Iniesta ahead of either of the two.

I agree with you Stric, thiago has that element of explosiveness and once unshackled he'd be beastly. IMO he's the true heir to the #4 jersey and should never be sold. can you imagine him linking up with neymar and messi!

Home of Barca Fans