Thiago Translantara

JimmyGuitarist

Well in my opinion, he's actually had quite a lot of minutes. If he makes mistakes during those minutes though, which he was, he won't get a lot more minutes. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he has bad habits which he needs to get rid of. I really hope he stays whatever.

King Leo

Banned
Thiago is a gem, he's at his current progress MUCH better than Cesc and the kid is still got a long way to go. I'd be super mad if Thiago left this summer. Rosell is selling the team guys! This is murder.

F

Flavia

Well in my opinion, he's actually had quite a lot of minutes. If he makes mistakes during those minutes though, which he was, he won't get a lot more minutes. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he has bad habits which he needs to get rid of. I really hope he stays whatever.

He had around half of what he did last season.

mixer

He makes some mistakes but watching him is enjoyable and he's getting better step by step.

After all, I think he's been very impressive and should be a starter next season.

Irish_Cules

He had around half of what he did last season.

He was injured for like 2 months earlier in the season though which would affect the minutes he has played. He is roughly getting the same amount of minutes as he did last season. It should be more though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People act like he makes continuously horrid errors every other game. I'd like someone to point out 5 major ones that he's made, seriously. He made 2-3 that were stupid (around march I believe) but he hasn't since and it's not an issue anymore. It's like every misplaced pass is an error to some of you

Butaan4barca

Thiago is good, and he is different. Far more direct and a risk taker, who makes mistakes, He is young though. The basic criteria to make Barca's midfield is not to give the ball away. And he does that more often than any other mid. So he isn't surely can't beat the first names on the team sheet. if he wants to stay he has got to be patient, other wise i am afraid they will just let him go and we might buy mr.new xavi from dortmund.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He makes some mistakes but watching him is enjoyable and he's getting better stepover by stepover

;)

I don't know if he should be a starter but he should rotate heavily with Xavi, maybe playing half the games.

Cule4life

The Culest

He has had half the playtime of last season and in your opinion he had a lot of minutes? Please do your research before building castles in the air. He hasnt even had enough time to make those "mistakes" you keep harping on about. Whereas Cesc who keeps playing shit and keeps making these "mistakes" keeps getting selected in the team. So your dear Tito is not even applying his own principles to the whole squad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How can he be good enough if he's not even getting enough minutes to develop and improve. Experience is his primary need and he's not getting that with Tito. Same with Montoya and Bartra.

How can these guys become better players when they don't even get the chance to gain experience in the pitch.

+1000

spark

Thiago was injured with that edema from 25/05/12 to 29/08/12. The season started on Aug 19 against Real Sociedad. He played his first game on Sep 15 when he started against Getafe and hit the post with that nice run and dribble. It was basically a surprise start. I remember because people were wondering(read bitching about Villa) why they were being so cautious with Villa and Thiago could start on his first game back. Basically by that game on September 15 he missed 5 games. He played t next two league games and got injured against Sevilla but stayed on so we wouldn't play with 10 men and helped set up the winning goal. That injury was from 29/09/12 to 20/11/12. In that time we played about 11 games. That's 16 games or so in the first half of the season. If you want tobe conservative, you say he might have played 2/3 of them from the stat or as a sub. I wont be that conservative because all of the midfield was sharing time at that time except Song. Iniesta was complaining or better, remarking that he ddint like being a sub. Thiago should have played more in the last weeks but it hasnt been as drastic as some make out. The club didnt drop him after he made those mistakes in front of the defense that led to goals. They let him play through it.

If hes thinking about his place in the national team he should stay here. Del Bosque doesnt pick players in foreign leagues to play a big role unless its Torres. Pedro wouldn't have gotten in the squad wearing another shirt last year. Right or wrong there is a RM/ Barca preference. Isco will have a better chance getting in line up's at Madrid than at City for example. The Gist is Thiago could leave and excell like Mata but it wont do anything for his standing back in the RFEF. He would have had to picked Brazil like Rafinha.

People act like he makes continuously horrid errors every other game. I'd like someone to point out 5 major ones that he's made, seriously. He made 2-3 that were stupid (around march I believe) but he hasn't since and it's not an issue anymore. It's like every misplaced pass is an error to some of you

It was throughout December and January and lasted till about early February.

He has had half the playtime of last season and in your opinion he had a lot of minutes? Please do your research before building castles in the air. He hasnt even had enough time to make those "mistakes" you keep harping on about. Whereas Cesc who keeps playing shit and keeps making these "mistakes" keeps getting selected in the team. So your dear Tito is not even applying his own principles to the whole squad.

You have to consider the games he missed in the 3 months combined at the start of the season. It is literally the only reason his minutes in the league didnt exceed that of last year. 600 minutes less in the league = 7 full games and he missed more than that. He missed all but one of the Cl group games too.

Last edited:

Maria

He should watch Xavi more and learn how to do nothing and still play. Also, if Pep would have been thinking like you Busi would be playing for Mallorca.

He was injured for like 2 months earlier in the season though which would affect the minutes he has played. He is roughly getting the same amount of minutes as he did last season. It should be more though.

not only that this isn't true, but he also is getting half of the starts..like I said, this was a wasted year for Thiago and his father isn't going to put up with this for another season.

Last edited:

spark

He should watch Xavi more and learn how to do nothing and still play. Also, if Pep would have been thinking like you Busi would be playing for Mallorca.

not only that this isn't true, but he also is getting half of the starts..like I said, this was a wasted year for Thiago and his father isn't going to put up with this for another season.

Last year we played the 3-4-3. He wasnt starting ahead of Xavi or Andres. Whenever we played 3 midfielders he stayed on the bench except for that Group game against Milan when he played right wing. It stands to reason if you stop playing that formation the starts would be more shared.

Home of Barca Fans