Thiago Translantara

I really hope Xavi talks him into staying. I'm not too worried tho, I think he will stay based on his comments, and he should understand that with all the teams being linked with him that it's no guarantee he will start their either.

Yeah, based on his comments, it does seem like he wants to stay next season, though he's not entirely sure yet. So I guess I'm not THAT worried. Still, the fact that it even got to this point is just... :facepalm:

He really needs to be played more next season.

Last edited:
Yeah, based on his comments, it does seem like he wants to stay next season, though he's not entirely sure yet. So I guess I'm not THAT worried. Still, the fact that it even got to this point is just... :facepalm:

He really needs to be played more next season.
What comments have you heard?
I just watched an interview last night where one reporter asked Thiago about these rumors of him leaving . She said something like " will you be playing for Barca next season, or will go go to another club ?" To which he replied " we will see after the euro tournament."

This makes me think something :
Why wouldn't Thiago be like " of course I'm gonna be at barca, I'm a barca player,"

He looked serious and not happy. I just don't see him staying ( I hope he does but) I just feel like he doesn't feel right at barca. Even Tello ( who truly deserved more playing time) who could to any other team has said that he's happy at barca and wants to continue. Thiago used to say that he was in the best club and he loved being part of such team. He doesn't feel that way anymore it seems.
Thanks tito and Zubi!

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I cannot blame if he does go. He wants first team football and with Xavi, Iniesta, and Fabregas in the pecking order in front of him, he is not going to get the first team football he wants here.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
It will be another fabregas saga to follow In 3- 4 years. Thiago please don't leave :banghead::(
If he is sold and we try and buy him back, how would it be another Fabregas saga? If Thiago is sold, there will be a buy back and first refusal clause.

Stric

I know it would be a stupid thing to say and I wouldn't entirely mean it if I did say it, but I'm fighting the temptation to say I'll stop supporting the club if Thiago leaves. First Abidal, now Thiago, possibly Tello, Bartra and Montoya... this is unacceptable, and diametrically opposite of what Barcelona should stand for. I love this club and most of its players and our game, but I'd find it really hard to express my support for the club if they make such decisions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I know it would be a stupid thing to say and I wouldn't entirely mean it if I did say it, but I'm fighting the temptation to say I'll stop supporting the club if Thiago leaves. First Abidal, now Thiago, possibly Tello, Bartra and Montoya... this is unacceptable, and diametrically opposite of what Barcelona should stand for. I love this club and most of its players and our game, but I'd find it really hard to express my support for the club if they make such decisions.

I hear you, and I understand where you are coming from, but I'd say as Barca fans, we shall never give up, we shall never stop supporting Barca, "Barca über alles". I am also mad at the stupid, short-sighted and inept management and Tito, but jerks and freaks like Rosell, Tito and Roura come and go, they are not what Barca is about, they are only temporary, Barca stays with us forever.

Stric

I hear you, and I understand where you are coming from, but I'd say as Barca fans, we shall never give up, we shall never stop supporting Barca, "Barca über alles". I am also mad at the stupid, short-sighted and inept management and Tito, but jerks and freaks like Rosell, Tito and Roura come and go, they are not what Barca is about, they are only temporary, Barca stays with us forever.

I'm having trouble really finding the right words to express what I mean. I don't mean "stop supporting the club" as in "not wish them success" or move on to support another club, they'd still be my favorite and of course I'd want them to win and be the best, but somehow I'd have to emphasize that I'm absolutely disgusted by the decisions made by the people in charge and condemn them because of it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm having trouble really finding the right words to express what I mean. I don't mean "stop supporting the club" as in "not wish them success" or move on to support another club, they'd still be my favorite and of course I'd want them to win and be the best, but somehow I'd have to emphasize that I'm absolutely disgusted by the decisions made by the people in charge and condemn them because of it.

Absolutely, I think your words above are representative of a lot of Barca fans' sentiment and feelings.

Stric

Same here. The club is above all players, presidents and coaches.

Unfortunately, the players, presidents and coaches are what makes most of the club (in its current state). We can all support and appreciate the club's principles and ideals and its history, but unless the current players, presidents and coaches are putting those ideals and principles to life, that's exactly what they are - history. Theoretically, if one day Barcelona had someone like Abramovič as president, Mourinho as coach, and a squad full of Pepes, Suarezs, Bartons, Terrys and spoiled big-name prima donnas, and ignored the entire La Masia policy and the youngsters, would you support Barcelona? I know I wouldn't. Not in that state. I would support the idea of all of it leaving this club and restoring what Barcelona should stand for. I know this is an unlikely scenario, but it does fall into the category of "no matter what happens".

F

Flavia

Unfortunately, the players, presidents and coaches are what makes most of the club (in its current state). We can all support and appreciate the club's principles and ideals and its history, but unless the current players, presidents and coaches are putting those ideals and principles to life, that's exactly what they are - history. Theoretically, if one day Barcelona had someone like Abramovič as president, Mourinho as coach, and a squad full of Pepes, Suarezs, Bartons, Terrys and spoiled big-name prima donnas, and ignored the entire La Masia policy and the youngsters, would you support Barcelona? I know I wouldn't. Not in that state. I would support the idea of all of it leaving this club and restoring what Barcelona should stand for. I know this is an unlikely scenario, but it does fall into the category of "no matter what happens".

Yes, I would. I would criticize them a lot, as would many cules, but I wouldn't stop supporting FCB. It's thru thick and thin.

Home of Barca Fans