Thiago Translantara

AL-MALKI

They don’t have to negotiate but they will pay more than the 18 ME that is going around
This why none of real or barca went for javi martinez his clause was 40 ME with the tax could reach around 70 ME
In order for them to take thiago for 18 ME they have to negotiate

Last edited:

Gilberto

I don't even want to think about Thiago leaving... He is one of our uncut diamonds, the main candidate for Xavi's throne, he should definitely not leave.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
- Offers since 17, so why go now? Oh yeah because he can ask for more money because he now has 100 first team appearances for Barca under his belt.

- When everyone is fit Xavi & Iniesta should start most games, simple.

- Our best midfielder for a good while now? Iniesta says hi.

- Why go now? Because he has ambition to become a much better player but he doesn't get the playing time that he should/deserves?

- But was Xavi really fit? The club overplayed him so much that he was reduced to playing on painkillers, THAT'S how reluctant they were to play Thiago. And what about all those pointless game after the CL semifinal and even more earlier than that? Thiago's playing much better than Xavi currently, yet suddenly it's a "cautious" move to go with the veteran player even in the stupidest of games or during a battle against a chronic injury? No, it's just stubbornness and not giving Thiago what he's deserved for this season.

- Thiago's not our best midfielder, but based on form he's definitely 2nd best. Yet out of all the midfielders, he gets played the least? That's not right. He's not as complacent as JDS sitting around on the bench and not caring at all about his future as a football player. Thiago has ambition, wants to become much better, and be more influential on his team.

barcanuck

Problem is Thiago didn't take reign of the midfield position over Cesc. He needed to outplay Cesc to get his playing time and he didn't do that this year. He didn't progress as fast as we though he would but by no means should be give up on him now. Iniesta had the same problem at this stage of his career. We need to keep him and get rid of Cesc who is commanding way too much respect for very inconsistent play.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Vilanova talked with Thiago to confirm he counts on him for the future. Club not planning to convince him with payrise. Player decides. [md]

Hope tito really talked with him.

Jadentheman

Barcastuff
Vilanova talked with Thiago to confirm he counts on him for the future. Club not planning to convince him with payrise. Player decides. [md]

Hope Tito really talked with him.

You mean you hoped Tito would be sincere. I don't know. Oh boy we're about to lose Thiago

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcastuff

Hope tito really talked with him.

:facepalm: Why no payraise? Unprecedented short-sightedness.

archimidis

:facepalm: Why no payraise? Unprecedented short-sightedness.

Why not? Because there are other players whose contracts should be renewed and their salary will increase, such as Busquets. Furthermore, if they payrise, then this will be asked by other players too; it will be seen as a global solution for such cases. Not increasing his salary makes sense. After all, if his salary is the main reason for staying, then every couple of years will ask for more!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There are a few theories now out there, including Thiago & Mazinho angling for a payraise - although it could very well be the club positioning itself to deal with the inevitable criticism should he bolt, as well, by disseminating erroneous info

Last edited:

mixer

Italian club AC Milan are interested in Barcelona midfielder Thiago (22) and have sounded out his agent on a possible transfer. [via sport]

Stay, Thiago! We love ya

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
He has a lot of clubs interested in him. I think it is inevitable that he is going. Such a damn shame.

I'd be cool with it though if we exercise a buy back clause in a few years time :)

Home of Barca Fans